$30.00
$15.00
Brain
United States
Belvidere
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's the article link: https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2016/8/26/race-ac...

We officially get to ride a Mumak!

And I guess there are a few other new cards:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Hansen
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm digging that Steed of the North. A lot to be excited about in this article.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Danwarr
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thurindir's setup ability seems extremely powerful as well.

I don't think the new Leadership side-quest has been spoiled, but going by how powerful the new ones we've seen as been, it is probably going to be a lot better than Send for Aid, which seems crazy. Being able to pull that, Send for Aid, or Gather Information during setup is going to be crazy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Casey Lent
United States
Novato
California
flag msg tools
DEFINITELY A GOOD GUY, GUYS
mbmbmbmbmb
Neat. Dunno about that hero, but I dig that ally. That mount is good. Not mind blowing, but good.

If you're already worried about location lock I don't know how you'd find time to get through that side quest.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Danilo
Brazil
Águas Claras
Brasilia / DF
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
8 Hit Points??? Is it the Dumbo??

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick
United States
Saint Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
Btȝ patrem nrum, Benedictum
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm excited about the spirit ally (2 WP for free! Sure add a location but still...). And I know 8 threat on a lore hero isn't new/exclusive but it's not nothing (potential for more than 2 WP is notable, too).
5atk on the tamed mûmak makes me worry what kind of enemies we'll be fighting, though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Casey Lent
United States
Novato
California
flag msg tools
DEFINITELY A GOOD GUY, GUYS
mbmbmbmbmb
How many side quests do you expect to do in one game?

Also new potential for Leader-Lore troll deck: recycle Follow Me!, and keep picking side quests.

"But guys, it boosts his WP!"

Also a bear is as strong as an elephant. You heard it here first, folks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dale Stephenson
United States
Buford
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In some of the Angmar Awakened quests, you can do a fair few side quests without using any of your own.

With this new hero, you can guarantee access to two side quests -- Gather Information can be the first, and it can be used to pick out the second side quest. Whether that's practical depends on the quest. Two-player I once did four side quests in the first stage of the first Hobbit quest, stalling for time and building up my board state before taking on the trolls. Some other quests are gated by removing a particular card instead of progress, and you can use side quests without fear. Other quests that punish stalling make side quests much more dangerous, and some encounter cards in Angmar Awakened become more vicious depending on the number of side quests in play. The value of side quests is much more dependent on the workings of the main quest than normal player cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.