James
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Will those who already own the first edition get the scenario?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Nopa
United States
Addison
Texas [TX]
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reverend Uncle Bastard
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
grahamj wrote:

The answers to this are on the fantasy flight website.

From the description of the first new scenario that is being released alongside Recurring Nightmares:

"Dearly Departed will be available at the release of this collection, and will be available too to those who own the First Edition core set already."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Digman
United States
Hopkins
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Testing...1 2 3
mbmbmbmbmb
The article stated "Dearly Departed will be available at the release of this collection, and will be available too to those who own the First Edition core set already".

So I would say "yes".

Edit: Took to long for me to read the article.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
xaxas
Greece
athens
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
if i am owner of mansion of madness first core edition is there a reason to buy this expansion or is it tottally unnecessary?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reverend Uncle Bastard
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
xaxas wrote:
if i am owner of mansion of madness first core edition is there a reason to buy this expansion or is it tottally unnecessary?

Totally unnecessary.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean M
United States
Ft. Mitchell
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Related to this thread, does anyone know if all of the original scenarios from the first edition boxes will be available in addition to the new scenarios they've come up with for these 1st edition content expansions?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris J Davis
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Overtext pending moderation...
mbmbmbmbmb
Mavrick593 wrote:
Related to this thread, does anyone know if all of the original scenarios from the first edition boxes will be available in addition to the new scenarios they've come up with for these 1st edition content expansions?

They won't, no.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Zephro
United States
Aptos
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
grahamj wrote:

No!

From the Fantasy Flight Website:

What if I don't have the first edition core and expansion packs?

You do not need anything besides Mansions of Madness Second Edition to play the game. However, the investigator figures, monster figures, and map tiles from Mansions of Madness First Edition, Forbidden Alchemy, and Call of the Wild will be available in the Recurring Nightmares and Suppressed Memories Figure and Tile Collections, releasing in Fall 2016. These will also require the conversion kit to incorporate into your Second Edition game.

Seem like a lame expansion for the game. Nothing new, just the pieces from an old expansion. Hope they come up with something new, as I already played these with the 1st Edition.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Cunningham
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't the scenarios completely different? In other words, you haven't already played these, I believe.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean M
United States
Ft. Mitchell
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
zephro wrote:
Seem like a lame expansion for the game. Nothing new, just the pieces from an old expansion. Hope they come up with something new, as I already played these with the 1st Edition.

hepcat is right. You can still use your 1st edition stuff AND they just released new scenarios specific to those who have the 1st edition stuff OR the upcoming 2nd edition expansions (which are identical in terms of figures and room tiles and I believe that is all).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse Ruzicka
msg tools
So just to clarify if I only own second edition is there any point for me to get the tile collections?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reverend Uncle Bastard
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ZastKyne wrote:
So just to clarify if I only own second edition is there any point for me to get the tile collections?

Yes. The expansions give owners for just the 2E all the pieces (tiles/monsters/investigators) necessary to play one new scenario for each expansion (two total).

If you already own the first edition and first edition expansions, you will already have these pieces and can play the new scenarios with your existing collection.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erin Stamm
United States
flag msg tools
If I have edition 2 only, would it be cheaper for me to just buy edition 1 than to buy the two expansions?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zen
Japan
Kyoto
flag msg tools
youtube.com/neatozen
badge
follow me on twitter: @zenxacred
mbmbmbmbmb
3xdeadsmith wrote:
If I have edition 2 only, would it be cheaper for me to just buy edition 1 than to buy the two expansions?

Only if you can get the 1st edition and the 2 expansions for less than $100.

Otherwise no.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean M
United States
Ft. Mitchell
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
zenxacred wrote:
3xdeadsmith wrote:

Only if you can get the 1st edition and the 2 expansions for less than $100.

Otherwise no.

Which, for the most part, will be difficult to do. I went with the figure and tile packs myself.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Dos Santos
United States
Hallandale
Florida
flag msg tools
What if I own the 1st edition core and Forbidden Alchemy. Which of the new expansion tile/fig collections contains Call of the Wild components?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean M
United States
Ft. Mitchell
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Digory wrote:
What if I own the 1st edition core and Forbidden Alchemy. Which of the new expansion tile/fig collections contains Call of the Wild components?

The Suppressed Memories pack has all of the investigators, monsters, and room tiles from both Forbidden Alchemy and Call of the Wild.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Dos Santos
United States
Hallandale
Florida
flag msg tools
Mavrick593 wrote:
Digory wrote:

The Suppressed Memories pack has all of the investigators, monsters, and room tiles from both Forbidden Alchemy and Call of the Wild.

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.