Mice and Mystics» Forums » Rules

Subject: Vurst's Redemption - Weird End-chapter situation rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Matt Watkins
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Possible spoilers:

It seems people have a bunch of trouble with this chapter. My kids and I found it pretty easy with Collin and Lilly; it turned out to be a major liability that neither had First Aid, but we were able to level up Collin using Lilly's copious cheese scavenging. We had a weird situation at the end of the chapter where Collin climbed the clock and summoned Vanestra, then on the very next action, Lilly defeated the Vanestra's Sting card with one shot from her Enchanted Bow.

This makes the end of the chapter a kind of anticlimax, and we just wandered around, finished searching for the ring, and slowly made our way to the exit, with Vurst standing in the corner picking his nose. The rules suggest that it's meant to be an intense battle; Vurst holding back the Queen while the other mice make their escape. Did we do something wrong?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Bowles
Australia
Tatura
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Isn't there a second vanestra initiative card?

Otherwise, you just got the lucky shot in. I've never defeated a Vanestra card in that chapter (from only 2 tries though)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Watkins
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think there is a second initiative card for Vanestra, but the Storybook specifically says to use only that one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.