Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Eric deRuiter
United States
Hoboken
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Similar to the geekbuddy analysis on each game page, a self analysis would be nice to have. This could show other games linked to the one you are viewing (that are related such as by same designer, same publisher, or even by many shared mechanics such as another game that is worker placement and variable powers) based on your own ratings, owned, played, comments etc.

This analysis would be an easy way to gauge if you would be interested in the game you are viewing. It could even give a possible rating like netflix's guess of your rating based on what you have rated in the past.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T. Dauphin
Canada
Belleville
Ontario
flag msg tools

They used to do something like this, but I think it was based solely on games owned--and not yours but everyone elses. It would have compared other holdings by users who owned the game being viewed (and may have included ratings). They showed you a list of strong recommendations and a list of weak ones. I was always intrigued to see how accurate some of the recommendations were.
But I would rather not see this feature. It means you would be referred only to games that are similar, when it's nice to be surprised by something you might not realize you would enjoy.
It's an increasing issue (problem) with internet bots telling us more and more what we might (should?) like. I think it will seriously reduce the variety in our lives once we come to rely heavily on these because, hey, it's right there at the click of a mouse.
Personal recommendations can include reasons why other people like the games and introduce us to concepts, ideas or games we might never have thought of.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.