United States
Cambridge
Vermont
flag msg tools
"Ahh! The aroma of several adventure games emanates from your person."
badge
"Save early, save often."
mbmbmbmbmb
http://icv2.com/articles/news/view/35340/star-trek-attack-wi...

Reprints of the Excelsior and Bioship Alpha, along with a name for the Xindi Retail-ian ship: Muratas!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Coon
United States
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I see what you did there, nice one.

In any case, I kind of wish a reprint of Bioship Alpha could include some of the slightly less pricey tech and weapons form Bioship Beta in it instead of the pricier Bioship Alpha tech. Bioship Omega cards would be even nicer but more out of the realm of possibility. Of course, we'll just get an exact copy of the original Bioship Alpha pack with a slightly shinier ship. In other words.....my wallet thanks Wizkids once again!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Knapp
United Kingdom
East Sussex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
More Xindi options is nice... Funny to have 2 waves with an excelsior class in each, but they are both popular. Probably see a repaint Enteprise-refit as it is also very popular...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sodoff Baldrick
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
pedro_ak wrote:
Funny to have 2 waves with an excelsior class in each,

Keep in mind wave 29 comes out in March and the B comes out next month. They are probably just working on redoing all the Fed ships to go along with the shiny pain scheme.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Griffin
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
The cheapest thing to keep going is probably OP kits, especially if there are no ships or special cardboard tokens. And stuff like issuing the Xindi ships as commercial makes use of sculpts they have already spent money to produce. Producing "new" ships using existing models is similar.

In many ways, this game was billed as a collectible card game (or possibly a collectible ship game). It will be interesting to see whether it can survive without putting out new ships. Will people keep coming to the OPs? Especially if the OP "centerpiece" is largely irrelevant and the game devolves into a normal joust. More importantly will game stores keep buying the OP kits?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Bowers
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
While I was, in a way, appreciative of the every-other-month release schedule for 2016 for the sake of saving money, I was hoping it would go back to monthly in 2017. :\
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sodoff Baldrick
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Reptilian is new to retail. There are lots of folks that want to fly a Xindi fleet and don't want to spend big $$ on ebay for them. Plus as long as there are different than the OP version the Xindi faction will be better fleshed out.

As for OP kits they have gone down a lot in price. From what my local store tells me, starting with Tin Man they are less than $10. So even if a store has a handful of regular players there is very little expense, which will in all likelihood be divided between the players and no real cost to the store.

Let's not look for rain clouds when there ars none.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wood
United States
Cambridge
Vermont
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's not the best, but they're still releasing new ships. Personally, I'd prefer two new and two repaints per wave, but I'm just glad the game is continuing. I just got a friend into the game, so it'd be sad for it to die just after showing him. This works well for him at least, and I'll get at least one of each repaint for myself.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boardgame Geek
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've been under the impression that they likely diverted resources to launch Star Trek Frontiers; unfortunately I think it will be eclipsed by GF9's Ascendancy product out soon (based on early Gencon reviews/demo's)

I think they might have really mis-timed Frontier's release. :/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wood
United States
Cambridge
Vermont
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It feels like WK really has a strong history with bad timing, does that sound right?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Johnsen
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I think all of the game companies were trying to put out their Star Trek games this year, to make the most of the 50th anniversary. If anything, Mayfair was the one with bad timing, with Five Year Mission coming out last year.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boardgame Geek
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MormegilND wrote:
I think all of the game companies were trying to put out their Star Trek games this year, to make the most of the 50th anniversary. If anything, Mayfair was the one with bad timing, with Five Year Mission coming out last year.

I have to agree, Star Trek Panic has eclipsed that one hard.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.