Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brian Luckus
United States
Edgerton
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It would be nice if SB made a universal board that would cover all the expansions (i.e. day/night cycles, fanatic, events...). I would almost like to store all my cards in one box with one board. If anything I want to keep everything from RU in one box and everything prior in another.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Thompson
England
Winchester
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Yes. I'd love it if they put out a small box version of the expansions, even if it's at the same price. At the moment I buy an expansion; put the new cards in a plastic 100 card deck box with the rest of my Ascension collection, and throw the rest away.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
blucky wrote:
It would be nice if SB made a universal board that would cover all the expansions (i.e. day/night cycles, fanatic, events...). I would almost like to store all my cards in one box with one board. If anything I want to keep everything from RU in one box and everything prior in another.

This request is a common one from our loyal fans. We're actively looking at various options that make our long-time fans happy, but make our new fans happy as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Luckus
United States
Edgerton
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Huuuze wrote:
blucky wrote:

This request is a common one from our loyal fans. We're actively looking at various options that make our long-time fans happy, but make our new fans happy as well.

Thanks Huuuze. I am picking up War of Shadows this week. I will then be collecting the 2nd Editions of everything pre RU. Still love Ascension and how each expansion has a different mechanism and feel. I'm just an all in one box kind of gamer. That way I can bring it all to game night and pick what we feel like playing at that time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B-Rad
United States
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've only kept the War of Shadows box so far, out of all the cardboard offerings. The "shattered glass" print on the cover is too pretty to throw out! In the meantime, I'll keep the box to hold stuff for other games/maybe make a gigantic dice tray out of it for some of my RPG's.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B-Rad
United States
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
blucky wrote:
Thanks Huuuze. I am picking up War of Shadows this week. I will then be collecting the 2nd Editions of everything pre RU. Still love Ascension and how each expansion has a different mechanism and feel. I'm just an all in one box kind of gamer. That way I can bring it all to game night and pick what we feel like playing at that time.

I am in complete agreement. I like to bring everything with me in as efficient a package as possible. Currently I have my Cube-ready sets sleeved in Ultra-Pro deck boxes inside a Stanley Fatmax box with most of the extras culled and stored elsewhere in my shop. It's bulky as hell, but it protects the cards well, and with everything culled down, I think War of Shadows will be the only board I carry, as I normally keep Insight Gems/Transform Cards in separate containers while we play...not to mention that multiple boards make this box heavier than one might imagine.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dana Olson
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd love to buy a playing mat that works for the various Ascension games. After using one with Legendary Encounters: Alien, I prefer it over the standard boards which tend to warp on some of us.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.