• [+] Dice rolls
Jim Cote
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice job.

I think example 8 is misleading. It reads and looks like neither bridge on the left is playable when you mean that ONE of the two is unplayable.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geo
Greece
Athens
Marousi
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Fledermaushaus wrote:
The translation is now on the files.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve+Jackie McKeogh
United Kingdom
Okehampton
Devon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ekted wrote:

I think example 8 is misleading. It reads and looks like neither bridge on the left is playable when you mean that ONE of the two is unplayable.

Well spotted. The German text does actually say that 'the bridges to the left can't be built like this'. I missed the German 'so' when reading it, but I think it should be clear what is intended from the rest of the sentence and the picture - which is why I didn't spot the ommission when proofreading. Thanks for pointing it out. I'll alter the file in due course.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve+Jackie McKeogh
United Kingdom
Okehampton
Devon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I finally got around to playing the game - and realise I need to reword the translation - though only one word. When scoring the islands connected by bridges, they form a 'group' rather than a chain - I hadn't considered that 'chain' implies a single line whereas the islands could be connected differently (e.g. several connected to a central one).

(For anyone vaguely interested this came about because I'd already used the term 'group' for the tiles in an island - the German word 'Ansammlung' not really translating to anything very suitable - I was going to use the term 'block' but then realised that was needed for the 'blocked' spaces under the bridges! And so I ended up using 'chain' for the connected islands! I've now re-racked my brain and come up with 'formation' for the tiles in an island and so can use 'group' for the connected islands!).

So, the islands connected up by bridges do not need to be in a 'chain', they simply need to form a connected 'group'.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kay Wilke
Germany
Hamburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just implemented the game at my homepage at http://www.yucata.de. I've built on the work of steve and included screenshots of the game as examples. You get to the English rules by first selecting the English language at the top left corner and then going to the rules of Ponte del Diavolo.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kay Wilke
Germany
Hamburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Fledermaushaus wrote:
The translation is now on the files.

Steve, I based my English rules on yours, adding my own images. It is online at my gaming site http://www.yucata.de and you are mentioned as original translator there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.