United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
"Work as if you live in the early days of a better nation"
mbmbmbmbmb
Subject says it all. Can the Goblins initiate an attack with a revealed tribe if they are without rage?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Schoberg
United States
Elkhorn
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
when i get home, i'm so tired
badge
just roll over, please. i'm so tired. just roll over, please. i'm so tired.
mb
Cole Wehrle wrote:
Subject says it all. Can the Goblins initiate an attack with a revealed tribe if they are without rage?

Is there an instance where this will happen? If I recall correctly, the Goblins get 1 rage at the start of their turn if they're at 0.

I suppose during an ambush or some such, but I'm not sure that was your question...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Fenton
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I do believe that they can. However, they would be Strength -1 due to Malaise, which might prevent them from having sufficient strength to attack.

emodiu5 wrote:
Is there an instance where this will happen? If I recall correctly, the Goblins get 1 rage at the start of their turn if they're at 0.

I suppose during an ambush or some such, but I'm not sure that was your question...

It can happen during the Goblin's turn if they attack with one Tribe when Rage is at 1 (after which Rage is reduced by 1 to 0 for other Tribes), or if they reduce Rage to prevent overpopulation.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ethan Furman
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Cole Wehrle wrote:

If the goblins have no rage then all tribes are at -1 strength. If they still have enough strength then they can attack.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Leder
United States
Saint Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Let's say the Goblins head into their turn with a Strength 2 Knight and they come out of the muster with 1 Rage a strength 4 Bones Tribe and a strength 3 Eye Tribe. The Eye Tribe attacks the Knight and Rage goes down to 0. The malaise sets in and the Bone Tribe can attack with Strength 3 ( 4 - 1). I figure you will need to pick up one of these to win fast enough.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cole Wehrle
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So the answer is yes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle
United States
Up Nort' Der
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
High Frontier PBF #17 - Failing spaceward!
badge
We must move forward, not backward, upward, not forward, and always twirling, twirling, twirling towards freedom!
mbmbmbmbmb
I see it come up often on turns when Rage starts at 1 (or 0), and you need to spend that to prevent overpopulation from knocking a strong tribe off the map.

Sometimes you can still attack despite the -1 modifier, but that's not an option if your tribe scatters before it gets the chance.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cole Wehrle
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah we had it come up a lot in 1v1 games--but then again, I was pushing my little goblins pretty hard.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Schoberg
United States
Elkhorn
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
when i get home, i'm so tired
badge
just roll over, please. i'm so tired. just roll over, please. i'm so tired.
mb
dsdhornet wrote:

It can happen during the Goblin's turn if they attack with one Tribe when Rage is at 1 (after which Rage is reduced by 1 to 0 for other Tribes), or if they reduce Rage to prevent overpopulation.

Oh duh, don't mind me laugh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.