BoardGameGeek» Forums » BoardGameGeek Community » BoardGameGeek Community

Subject: Gaming/Dating Site rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jeff
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
There's no simple explanation for anything important any of us do, and yeah the human tragedy consists of the necessity of living with the consequences, under pressure, under pressure. -Courage (For Hugh Maclennan): The Tragically Hip
badge
We're forced to bed, but we're free to dream. -Gift Shop: The Tragically Hip
mbmbmbmbmb
I keep having this thought that BGG could branch out, and have a dating site within the larger site. How nice would it be for singles to find someone who shares at least one of their interests.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walt
United States
Orange County
California
flag msg tools
In memorium. Bob Hoover died 25 Oct 2016 at 94. In WWII he was shot down in a Spitfire and stole an FW-190 to escape. He spent decades at air shows flying Ole Yeller, shown
badge
Please contact me about board gaming in Orange County.
mbmbmbmbmb
Start a Guild?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
There's no simple explanation for anything important any of us do, and yeah the human tragedy consists of the necessity of living with the consequences, under pressure, under pressure. -Courage (For Hugh Maclennan): The Tragically Hip
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ha! I guess...how would people find out about it???

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walt
United States
Orange County
California
flag msg tools
In memorium. Bob Hoover died 25 Oct 2016 at 94. In WWII he was shot down in a Spitfire and stole an FW-190 to escape. He spent decades at air shows flying Ole Yeller, shown
badge
Please contact me about board gaming in Orange County.
mbmbmbmbmb
Beats me! That's always puzzled me about the idea the guilds will replace regional forums. Guilds are nearly invisible.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JP Ginley
Ireland
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
blind auction mechanic might be useful !

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Riva
Maryland
flag msg tools
mb
Could be useful for platonic meetings as well. Instead of "male seeking female" it could be "Twilight Struggle noob seeking Twilight Struggle noob".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Dyer
United States
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There are geographical forums. I can't even find gamers, let alone someone that meets my extremely low standards to take out on a date...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Thunkd
United States
Florence
MA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It doesn't seem like there's much synergy between a gaming database with game forums and a dating site. I think you'd be better off using existing dating sites and trying to feature gaming as an interest.

I can't imagine that trying to morph into, or tack on, a dating site holds any appeal for Aldie.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JP Ginley
Ireland
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Geographically, count me out as I live on a small island in the Atlantic ocean where dating opportunities are already scarce as hens teeth.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Konrad T
Poland
Szczecin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sagrilarus wrote:
Could be useful for platonic meetings as well. Instead of "male seeking female" it could be "Twilight Struggle noob seeking Twilight Struggle noob".
There's already a feature that let's You search for players in your area. Just look at their collection.
I just did a search and have found only males within 25 miles of my place.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Smith

Colchester
essex
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So this is why the solo player guild has such a large community, there are some real singles in there looking for a companion .
What better way to spend your time than playing games with a prospective loved one.....
.....and then perhaps a boardgame.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Barille
msg tools
A gamer would be an ideal date, although I would be very very hesitant to do any online dating. If you are interested I remember a site called geek to geek that was for dating.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Not for me really. It just seems like it might work in general. Maybe this thread can be the "dating" part of the site...though it's mostly all guys, so maybe not.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Rhind
United States
Bridgewater
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
Must. Stop. Buying. Games!
mbmbmbmbmb
And like most online dating sites men would certainly outnumber women!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.