Stephen M
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

NEXT SESSION : Wednesday August 31, 2016.
GAMES : There are usually 50-100 games to choose from.
WHERE? THE LOUNGE of the Canadian Legion Branch 351 - Centertown, 330 Kent Street (The Montgomery Legion)
WHEN? Gaming starts at 5 pm and goes until 10
COST: FREE!!
PARKING : Kent and Somerset have parking, as well as the nearest side streets which are Gilmour, Maclaren, Cooper and Lisgar.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe H
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Last night Danny, Frank, Charles and I started out with Lewis & Clark. Danny got the Sacagawea card (allowing him to use village spaces whether occupied or not) pretty early and exploited it mightily later in the game. Frank got the Richard Warfington card (allowing him to pay 2 resources to move as many spaces on the river as there were Indians in his boats). Unfortunately, Danny and his many canoes allowed him to hoard lots of Indians and Frank never got to use this card as effectively as he would like). Charles had the Cobaway card which allowed him quick movement through the mountains by paying one of each of the four primary resources. I had the John Robertson card that allowed me to use 2 equipment to move 3 spaces on the river. I got nice movement out of it but it took me a long time to wind up and hoarding equipment for movement meant that I didn't recruit any other workers (a mistake). Danny and his Sacagawea and hoard of Indians was just too much and he camped past Fort Clatsop while the rest of us were stuck in the mountains.

Next, the four of us played China. It went quickly. I had lots of singles cards and Frank always seemed to grab just what I needed. Meanwhile, Charles was racking up emissaries, securing a couple of majorities and building a nice sized road. Danny secured a good couple of majorities, placing emissaries and getting one good road. Frank had little luck getting 4 length roads but did a good job of getting majorities, placing emissaries and...aargh, blocking me. I only placed 2 emissaries (on my last move which killed a couple of majorities for Frank and Charles but earned me nothing). I enjoy this game but I've never got the hang of timing in placing emissaries. I just don't have the rhythm for it.

Other games I saw played were Puerto Rico and Spyrium

See you all next week.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe H
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Forgot to post this poster on KanataKon. Hope to see many of you there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.