Robinson Crusoe: Adventures on the Cursed Island» Forums » General

Subject: German Release rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Robin Werner
Germany
flag msg tools
Hey there,
I just wanted to know the new upcoming version is going to be released as a german versionas well? I thought about buying the game - but now, with the upcoming edition I think its better to wait isnt it? Are there any news about a german version yet?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grand Khan
Germany
Wiesbaden
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dekuSTAR wrote:
Hey there,
I just wanted to know the new upcoming version is going to be released as a german versionas well? I thought about buying the game - but now, with the upcoming edition I think its better to wait isnt it? Are there any news about a german version yet?

From what I understand, the revised rules of the new edition are based on the German rules, so there is less of an incentive to make a new German edition. The other difference are the components which at least partly could have been gotten in the Schatzkiste, which is out of print sadly.

So probably not?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C&H Schmidt
Germany
Heidelberg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you want to play the game in German, I recommend the existing German Pegasus release -- I don't think there is any need for an overhaul there.
The rules and player aid are good AND it has the original title art + amazing artwork for the expansion (both of which I prefer to the English-language versions. Of course that is a matter of taste).

It does have cubes for the resources, though, not custom-shaped tokens.
If Portal made the little bananas and wood tokens available inexpensively, I would personally consider upgrading my edition.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.