Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
8 Posts

The Gallerist» Forums » Rules

Subject: Second End Game Condition Triggered By Kicked Out Action Of Last Player rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ray Taylor
Scotland
Old Woking
Surrey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey Guys,

Played our first game last night, really enjoyed it!

We did have one timing issue, which I think we did wrong but just wanted to clarify.

I was the last player in turn order, and I kicked out a Gallerist who then as a kicked out action triggered the second end game condition.

We played it that we only had one more turn each, but rereading the rules this morning it sounds like my turn "ends" before the kicked out action so should we have played two more turns each?

Thanks in advance!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ariel
Chile
Vina del Mar
V. Region
flag msg tools
badge
If a game needs it, I feel forced to create and implement some variants.
mbmbmbmbmb

First you must complete the round where the end game was triggered (check who was the first player). Then you must play another round whitout kicked out actions (only main actions available). This way you will not have these essues any more.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Hallstrom
United States
Jackson
Mississippi
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would have played it the way you did - after the kick-out action only one more action per player (and no more kick-outs).

Mr. Lacerda frequents this forum so I wouldn't be surprised if you get an official ruling soon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Piero Cabral
Brazil
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
End current turn, then one more turn without kick-off actions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ray Taylor
Scotland
Old Woking
Surrey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Herr_Piero wrote:
End current turn, then one more turn without kick-off actions.

It is the timing of when the current turn ends that is causing the question.

Here are two quotes from the rule book.

Rulebook wrote:
If a player moves his Gallerist to a location where another player is present, that player is kicked-out and will get to perform a special kicked-out action after the current player has finished their turn.

Rulebook wrote:
As soon as two or more of these conditions occur the round continues until the last player finishes his turn.

So technically I was the last player and I had finished my turn before the kicked out action happened which triggered the second end game condition.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Combs
United States
Spring Lake Park
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think you played it correctly. I've always considered the kicked-out action caused by the last player in the round to be part of the same round.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ariel
Chile
Vina del Mar
V. Region
flag msg tools
badge
If a game needs it, I feel forced to create and implement some variants.
mbmbmbmbmb
dhc3po wrote:
I think you played it correctly. I've always considered the kicked-out action caused by the last player in the round to be part of the same round.

Exactly this.

Ray, because you was the last player in the turn order (this order never change) the round where the end game was triggered was also instantly completed. So, all of you will have one last turn in a last round without kicked out actions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vital Lacerda
Portugal
Oeiras
flag msg tools
designer
badge
2010 - Vinhos, 2012 - CO2, 2014 - kanban, 2015 - The Gallerist, 2016 - Vinhos Deluxe, 2017 - Lisboa, 2018 - Escape Plan, CO2 Second Chance and Dragon Keepers - Maybe: 2019 - ROTW Portugal and On Mars, 2020 - Kanban Deluxe Edition and Máquina
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry for the delay in the response, but I missed this thread for some reason.

Anyway, all the answers are correct and you played it right.

Just see the KS action as part of the active player turn.
In your game, the 2nd end game condition was triggered during your turn.
Being you the last player in round, everyone plays one more turn and the game is finished.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.