"At the end of a round, all players who have crossed the
finish line have finished the race.
The player furthest passed the finish line wins the race and
is considered first. This may differ from the player who
crossed the finish line first.
If the sleds are tied, then the sled to the side of the track
nearest the chequered flag wins. Play then continues onto the
next round, and so on, until all players have finished the race."

In our first game (2 player), he crossed the Finish first so his game was over. It took me 3 more turns to cross and by then I obviously ended up much further past the Finish than he did. Is that correct? The rules seem to be pretty clear that it is but it just seems a bit weird to be playing out all those rounds by myself. I mean, you don't wait until the last person is over the finish in the Iditarod to check who the winner is...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tor Sverre Lund
Norway
Trondheim
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When there's only one person left, and that person doesn't have a chance to cross the finish line on the same turn, there's really no need to continue. Unless you're playing some house ruled league and DNFs are a thing or something.

Or are you interpreting it to mean that YOU won that race? If so, no. Only when 2 or more cross the line in the SAME ROUND, does it matter how far they went.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Garrett X
United Kingdom
London
Greater London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Gawain wrote:

Or are you interpreting it to mean that YOU won that race? If so, no. Only when 2 or more cross the line in the SAME ROUND, does it matter how far they went.

Yes, that was what I was interpreting...which is what seemed crazy! Thanks for the clarification
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.