Popular Tags: [View All]
Greece
Patras
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
Hello,
a question/clarification about mines.
According to the rulebook I can use my mine "even if an opponent controls its territory".

I am having trouble wrapping my head around this scenario since in any case if the mine hex is controlled by an opponent the movement ends there and battle ensues, meaning that one of the two contestants will end up with no units on the hex.

Unless it only pertains to the mine as an exit once you have entered from a tunnel.

Am I missing something?

Regards

G.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simone Ferrari
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
eraserhead wrote:

Unless it only pertains to the mine as an exit once you have entered from a tunnel.

I think for the most part you have answered yourself. Even if the opponent controls the territory you can exit there by your mine.

Moreover there's a second point to consider:
if the opponent has only workers there you can move one of your (plastic) unit and send the enemy workers back to their home base and then move with another unit (plastic or worker) through the mine whose territory you now control.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jarad Bond
United States
Anchorage
Alaska
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
eraserhead wrote:
I am having trouble wrapping my head around this scenario since in any case if the mine hex is controlled by an opponent the movement ends there and battle ensues

Well, if the mine hex is controlled by an enemy worker, you may retake it without a battle if your character or mech goes into the hex. You must stop that unit's movement, but if you have a second unit to move, they could then use the mine. Of course, you would now have control of your mine again, so the clarification doesn't apply, but a battle does not necessarily have to ensue.

If your mine is controlled by an enemy mech or character, then your mech or character must stop movement there and you don't yet control your mine.

eraserhead wrote:

That is probably what the rulebook is trying to explain.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.