Popular Tags: [View All]
Peter Smith
United States
Phoenix
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Vortex Gun: "Deal 3 damage to a unit and 1 damage to any adjacent units"
Pogohammer: "Deal 3 damage to a building and 1 damage to any adjacent buildings"

What are "adjacent" units and buildings? I saw suggestions in another thread but wonder if there is an official rule on how to resolve adjacency. For now, I am playing it as "all units/buildings" in play for the player who controls the target (3 damage) unit/building.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Gnade
United States
Delaware
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
That would be the units to the left/right of the unit targeted in play so if you have 3 units that you laid out in front of you and you dealt 3 damage to the middle one the other 2 (on either side) would take 1 damage.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Ongchangco
United States
California
flag msg tools
I've been playing with these since 'Damage' doesn't fit the theme for Windcraft (Buildings/ Construction) and Omni-Edo (Dismissal/ Employees). So I'm working on tweakingthem (Testing in progress).

Overclocked Vortex Gun: Select a Building under construction. Immediately construct it and gain it's effects.

Pogohammer: Select an Employee from the Labor Market. Add them to your hand. During your End Turn phase, dismiss that card.

If you try them out, let me know what you think of them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Smith
United States
Phoenix
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
mgnade wrote:
That would be the units to the left/right of the unit targeted in play so if you have 3 units that you laid out in front of you and you dealt 3 damage to the middle one the other 2 (on either side) would take 1 damage.

Thank you!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Smith
United States
Phoenix
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
ZenofireX wrote:
I've been playing with these since 'Damage' doesn't fit the theme for Windcraft (Buildings/ Construction) and Omni-Edo (Dismissal/ Employees). So I'm working on tweakingthem (Testing in progress).

Overclocked Vortex Gun: Select a Building under construction. Immediately construct it and gain it's effects.

Pogohammer: Select an Employee from the Labor Market. Add them to your hand. During your End Turn phase, dismiss that card.

If you try them out, let me know what you think of them.

These look like interesting variants. I honestly don't think I will get around to trying it this way, though. So many games to play, so little time! I"m okay with the effects not fitting the faction theme. In a way, it's nice to have a card that does something other than the faction theme.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.