$20.00
$60.00
Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
28 Posts
1 , 2  Next »   | 

Risk Europe» Forums » Reviews

Subject: Risk Europe First Impressions: The King is dead. Long live the King? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
adam wilson

Oklahoma
msg tools
Where did you get those coins?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Daffin
United Kingdom
Ledbury
Herefordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Great review! Congratulations to your son on his victory! I'm looking forward to a massive fight over Europe soon.

I have the game Warlords of Europe which plays similarly, but has some differences. What it does have however is one of the most beautiful 'aged' maps of Europe.

I do like the clear map in this game as well though. It is much larger than I was expecting too! I'm also liking your coins. Do let us know where they're from.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Larry Buckel
United States
Whittier
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
These are sold at the Great American Coin Company website as toy pirate coins. I like to mix the antique silver with shiny gold for 1's and 5's. They arn't cheap but have a nice weight and look great on the table.

https://www.greatamericancoincompany.com/other/pirate-coins....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave C.
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What a fantastic, fun to read, informative review! Best I've read in a while. Thank you.

This is going on my Buy list.

That coin company should give you a commission based on all the hits that website will be receiving now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
chris thatcher
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ive purchased!, hopefully get to the table soon. It looks right up my groups alley.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Kendall
United States
Lebanon
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
buck380 wrote:
These are sold at the Great American Coin Company website as toy pirate coins. I like to mix the antique silver with shiny gold for 1's and 5's. They arn't cheap but have a nice weight and look great on the table.

https://www.greatamericancoincompany.com/other/pirate-coins....

I've seen them for sale at some dollar-store type places, I forget the specific store chain. It was a fairly large low-cost-stuff store in a shopping center. I got a bag of gold ones. The silver are pretty too.

Edit: Nuts, sorry, forgot to say, a very nice review and intro to the game. It sounds very cool.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pepe Carrillo
United States
Tuscola
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MEDIEVAL METAL COINS!!!

https://musedfable.com/?q=node/21

Hopefully this link works... Ck these out, they also have metal silver coins, all well priced and embossed with medieval-looking designs.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Freelance Police
United States
Palo Alto
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
It's a ballista. Here, in this video, we can see it in a life or death struggle against its natural enemy, the stove.

More importantly, thanks *very* much for the review. Hope to read more session reports from you!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Koff
United States
Wilmington
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
Check out my "What's Next?" blog.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dave in Ledbury wrote:
I'm looking forward to a massive fight over Europe soon.

I have the game Warlords of Europe which plays similarly, but has some differences.

Dave, I'm really interested in hearing your comparison of the two games . . .
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Enrique Dueñas
Spain
Madrid
flag msg tools
designer
mb
This game is better than Warlords of Europe, that was tedious and quite boring.

Also, I would say that the way the actions are "programmed" at the beggining of each round makes Risk: Europe much more strategic.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
adam wilson

Oklahoma
msg tools
Does anyone else have trouble telling the soldiers and archers apart? The blue and orange were the worst. Had to constantly replace units on the board that were incorrect.

I am thinking about washing the foot soldiers in a silver or white wash and the archers in a brown or black. Has anybody tried this or have a better idea?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pepe Carrillo
United States
Tuscola
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
adam wilson wrote:
Does anyone else have trouble telling the soldiers and archers apart? The blue and orange were the worst. Had to constantly replace units on the board that were incorrect.

I am thinking about washing the foot soldiers in a silver or white wash and the archers in a brown or black. Has anybody tried this or have a better idea?

No problems on my end, and there are no orange soldiers in my game. My gripe is with the blue rams. I just can't visualize rams doing a bombard action!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave C.
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
msgt pepe wrote:
No problems on my end, and there are no orange soldiers in my game. My gripe is with the blue rams. I just can't visualize rams doing a bombard action!!!

What, you've never seen a caber toss?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pepe Carrillo
United States
Tuscola
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cooz wrote:
msgt pepe wrote:

What, you've never seen a caber toss?

Yes, I have. And the only thing the 'tossers' had to worry about was the amount of ale being forced upon them. Tough work, that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marina SC
Canada
Vaughan
flag msg tools
Thanks for the write-up Have you played with, or have any comments on, the mission cards? This game looks right up my alley, but I tend to really dislike hidden goals. Would playing these missions as open information be a big detriment to the game?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marina SC
Canada
Vaughan
flag msg tools
Haha, wow, I didn't think a 6 year old would be able to play this game, mission cards or not I'll start a new thread about this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Kendall
United States
Lebanon
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
adam wilson wrote:

How about drawing a quick line on the Archer base with a contrasting-color Sharpie? Think "dropped arrow."

Or, pick out the bow itself with a contrasting color.

Or just paint the hat/helmet on either the Foot Soldier or the Archer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Switzerland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is it just me or has the original post disappeared from this thread?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marina SC
Canada
Vaughan
flag msg tools
Jamiri wrote:

Not just the original post, but all the OP's replies are gone. How odd...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Daffin
United Kingdom
Ledbury
Herefordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mashpotassium wrote:
Jamiri wrote:

Not just the original post, but all the OP's replies are gone. How odd...

And any gifted GeekGold

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Switzerland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Was that "moderated" away perhaps by the admins? Too many images of the game so that Hasbro interfered?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marina SC
Canada
Vaughan
flag msg tools
Jamiri wrote:
Was that "moderated" away perhaps by the admins? Too many images of the game so that Hasbro interfered?

If that was the case, I think either only the OP would have been deleted, or the entire thread would have been removed. This seems more in keeping with the user's BGG account being deleted, along with all their posts (which is odd, because they don't normally do that unless it's requested). IIRC, the writer of the review was LukeTDG, which doesn't appear in a user search, but I could be wrong on the author AND the spelling.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Switzerland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Perhaps that account was deleted by mistake then. By himself?

He had a fairly large gallery of images.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Switzerland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Could any of the admins share some light on this? Has the user been deleted?

This was a fantastic review, a shame it's gone!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leo Zappa
United States
Aliquippa
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes - what happened here? This was the review that made me buy this game, and I'm glad I did, because I've played it and it's fantastic! What happened here???
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.