Subject: Omen side of the dice rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
JC
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Hi everyone,

I have searched about this omen face on the forum and found nothing, I am surprised, I must be very dumb

So me and my wife we don't agree how this side of the fate dice works.
For her, you have to do a reroll three times in order to use this dice and change a side of any dice if you want.
For me you can decide to stop on your first roll and change one face of one die if you want, you don't have to do all the possible reroll!!

Any thoughts?

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Lehmann
United States
Palo Alto
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
You use the Omens face after doing all rerolls. It is the *last* thing you do when rolling the dice.

You are not *required* to roll any die three times in order to use Omens.

You could roll all your dice once; decide that you don't wish to reroll any dice any more; then set one die (possibly the Fate die itself) to any desired face using the Omens face. But, having done this, you may not then further reroll any dice on this turn, including via the Leadership ability.

Or, you could roll all your dice; then reroll some of them (except those showing Disaster faces); then reroll some of these dice again along with some of your previously set aside dice (except those showing Disaster faces); then use Leadership to reroll 1 die (possibly one showing a Disaster face); and then finally use Omens to set 1 dice (possibly one showing a Disaster face) to any face.

Or, you could do something in between these two extremes. Does this make sense?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JC
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Thanks for the reply, yes it makes sense, that is exactly the way I though it worked.
My wife was wrong
Again, awesome game, I own RTTA the bronze age, RTTA the iron age,Race for the galaxy : probably my favorite game of all time (as you can tell by my name RFTGJC )!!!!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If we need to put this into a checklist or "turn order script", the roll related powers/effects need to be done in this order...

roll 1 (required)
roll 2 - optional
roll 3 - optional
Leadership (optional and if available)
Omens (optional and if available)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.