$20.00
$60.00
Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
3 Posts

Mundus Novus» Forums » Rules

Subject: Clarification on rules- Rustic having not played in a really long time rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Madhujith Venkatakrishna
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Haven't played it in really long time, so need some clarifications to see if we were playing it right....

1. Can players trade Inca Treasure cards? If yes, what value will it be calculated for adding totals to decide Trade Master?
2. The Merchant Development cards- Say I have one that converts 1-6 into 7,8,9,,,,is this how it works- I have 4,4, 9--> 9,9,9 using the merchant? (Similarly for other cards) say 5,5,5,5,1--->1,1,1,1,1? or say 6,6,7,8,9---> 5,6,7,8,9...something like that?
3. Do we need to refresh the market (3 commodity cards) at the beginning of each round?
4. What happens if the 1st Development card with a particular event is not taken by anyone for a few rounds? Does it still remain same and the same effect continues?
5. Juan Ponce De Leon- Can a player keep reorganizing their fleet as and when they keep acquiring new ships/ caravel
6. Francisco De Orellana- Not sure how effective this card is and how beneficial this can be? Any direction on how can this be used strategically?
7. If we're giving different resource cards to gain points, you can't combine that with the Incan treasure cards...it is an either Or step...not an And? (Just confirming...I believe it is either or...i.e. either you exchange copies of Incan treasure or combination cards for points)

Thanks a lot for the help.

Best Regards,
Madhu

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wyckyd
Netherlands
Groningen
Groningen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Off the top of my head:

madhujith wrote:
1. Can players trade Inca Treasure cards? If yes, what value will it be calculated for adding totals to decide Trade Master?

Yes, they count as value 10.
madhujith wrote:
2. The Merchant Development cards- Say I have one that converts 1-6 into 7,8,9,,,,is this how it works- I have 4,4, 9--> 9,9,9 using the merchant? (Similarly for other cards) say 5,5,5,5,1--->1,1,1,1,1? or say 6,6,7,8,9---> 5,6,7,8,9...something like that?

Yes, you can use your Merchants to change any card into one in their range, either to make a set of similar or different cards.

madhujith wrote:
3. Do we need to refresh the market (3 commodity cards) at the beginning of each round?

No, you leave it as it was at the end of the round.
madhujith wrote:
4. What happens if the 1st Development card with a particular event is not taken by anyone for a few rounds? Does it still remain same and the same effect continues?

That effect remains active - it is up to the player who suffers the most from it, to deal with it.
madhujith wrote:
5. Juan Ponce De Leon- Can a player keep reorganizing their fleet as and when they keep acquiring new ships/ caravel

Nope, you split your ships when you get him, and assign new ships to one of your fleets when you buy them.
madhujith wrote:
6. Francisco De Orellana- Not sure how effective this card is and how beneficial this can be? Any direction on how can this be used strategically?

Er... I'd have to look up the card..
madhujith wrote:
7. If we're giving different resource cards to gain points, you can't combine that with the Incan treasure cards...it is an either Or step...not an And? (Just confirming...I believe it is either or...i.e. either you exchange copies of Incan treasure or combination cards for points)

You can't use Incan treasure cards in your set of different cards, but you are allowed to hand them in seperately for money. Each round, you can use all three of these options:
- hand in a set of the same cards to buy a development card
- hand in a set of different cards (without Incan treasure) for points
- hand in Incan Treasures for points.

Hope that helps.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wyckyd
Netherlands
Groningen
Groningen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
And now after having looked at the rules:

madhujith wrote:

Yes, they count as value 10, as stated on page 4 of the rules.

madhujith wrote:

Yes, you can use your Merchants to change any card into one in their range, either to make a set of similar or different cards.
But your quote: 4,4, 9--> 9,9,9 doesn't work, because you are changing two cards. Each merchant can only change one card, and can only be used once each round.

madhujith wrote:

No, you leave it as it was at the end of the round.

madhujith wrote:

That effect remains active - it is up to the player who suffers the most from it, to deal with it.

madhujith wrote:

Nope, you split your ships when you get him, and assign new ships to one of your fleets when you buy them.
Okay, not quite correct: read this post instead

madhujith wrote:

Er... I'd have to look up the card..
This card gives you 2 coins if during trading, you are able to place a card into the market that results in a set of three identical cards, or three sequential cards. If you make sure that you are the trade master by offering your high cards, you get to choose that 4 cards are traded, and players will be interested in your cards, you should be able to trigger this card several times per round. I've seen this card have a huge impact on the game.

madhujith wrote:

You can't use Incan treasure cards in your set of different cards, but you are allowed to hand them in seperately for money. Each round, you can use all three of these options:
- hand in a set of the same cards to buy a development card
- hand in a set of different cards (without Incan treasure) for points
- hand in Incan Treasures for points.

Hope that helps.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.