7 Posts

Star Trek: Ascendancy» Forums » General

Subject: 2 games yesterday - here are the highlights rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John Godwin
msg tools
mbmb
We played two games yesterday! One was planned, but everyone had so much fun that we pushed it to 2! We ended up getting small crowds and a ton more people wanted to play the game!

-1 Fed victory, 1 Rom victory

-It was always anyone's game, even at victory.

-Romulan Rolled 24 attack dice. 2 6's. Re-rolled 22. 0 6's. So 46 rolls and only 2 hits!

-The Roms also built a turn 1 fleet. It was immediately destroyed by the Crystilline Entity.

-The Fed player got mad at Klingons for breaking trade agreement and hegemonyed every Klingon planet except Kronos in 1 round.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Bennett
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
John1701 wrote:
We played two games yesterday! One was planned, but everyone had so much fun that we pushed it to 2! We ended up getting small crowds and a ton more people wanted to play the game!

-1 Fed victory, 1 Rom victory

-It was always anyone's game, even at victory.

-Romulan Rolled 24 attack dice. 2 6's. Re-rolled 22. 0 6's. So 46 rolls and only 2 hits!

-The Roms also built a turn 1 fleet. It was immediately destroyed by the Crystilline Entity.

-The Fed player got mad at Klingons for breaking trade agreement and hegemonyed every Klingon planet except Kronos in 1 round.

sounds fun! when i do the romulans i always send a scout ship first before the fleet.... just in case. of course i also play with the random system variant where the first 6 systems may not be planets
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Godwin
msg tools
mbmb
Klaxas wrote:

sounds fun! when i do the romulans i always send a scout ship first before the fleet.... just in case. of course i also play with the random system variant where the first 6 systems may not be planets

Yeah! That player learned that lesson the hard way, lol

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Bennett
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
John1701 wrote:
Klaxas wrote:

Yeah! That player learned that lesson the hard way, lol

good times. ive never had the crystalline entity come up yet but it looks scary.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pat Doyle
United States
Unspecified
Ohio
flag msg tools
its important to make sure to your home work is protected from single ship raids early in the game. It is easy for someone to send a ship in and hegemony you, and easier for the Feds.

IMO, you shouldn't explore with fleets, too dangerous. Maybe its ok with a science fleet, but even then you are investing in 3+ ships to explore.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Bennett
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
traveller724 wrote:
its important to make sure to your home work is protected from single ship raids early in the game. It is easy for someone to send a ship in and hegemony you, and easier for the Feds.

IMO, you shouldn't explore with fleets, too dangerous. Maybe its ok with a science fleet, but even then you are investing in 3+ ships to explore.

I mostly agree with not exploring with fleets but I don't understand the single ship early game hegemony of your homeworld I've never an that to be an issue

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Angelus Seniores
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
early on, you will likely be building new ships each turn at your homeworld, which can defend it as the need arises.
I do think a minimum of one should stay at all times.

it will take a few turns before connecting to another player's homeworld, though Q or another exploration card might zap a fleet across the map unexpectedly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.