Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tom Kassel
United Kingdom
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
Interesting game. A few queries:

1) In the logistics phase, do you perform each step in order or can you draw and place reinforcements and then apply replacements to some of these newly arrived remnants? Probably not something often desired but who knows?

2) When doing reinforcements, do you draw all blocks and then place them as you wish or draw and place one at a time? The latter seems more suitable to reflect Soviet disorganization, while having little impact on the Germans.

3) in the Typhoon scenario, do you draw all white blocks and then place optimally or draw and place one at a time. Even better, indicate the place, then draw the block. Again, the latter seems more appropriate.

4) In Typhoon, 48 Pz corps is stated as on the map but no location is mentioned. Is it drawn from the pool like other white blocks?

Comments:

Without the optional rule for commanding any block, the Germans are very subject to bad block draws. If the initial draw has no or few HQ, their chances seem hopeless. On the other hand, the optional rule might make things too easy for the Germans. Obviously it helps the Soviets too but less so early on.

I wonder if a compromise might be appropriate. Namely, allow each HQ to activate non-formation blocks up to the current value.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Schubert
United States
Port Republic
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My first game, as the German, I drew 1 hq in the first 3 turns. No Air HQs. It killed my drive.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Kassel
United Kingdom
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
The Soviets can learn to keep some of their HQ safe. The Germans can't learn how to draw better.

Perhaps a mulligan on turn 2 Logistics if the German wants. i.e. return all blocks and redraw.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
G Geisler

Santa Fe
New Mexico
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Everyone seems to be enjoying Moscow 41, but there are some rules clarifications that are needed. Sometimes what may seem obvious to a developer or experienced play tester is not obvious to someone new to the game. In my review I stated that I wished the rule book were longer, but perhaps a FAQ on BGG followed up by a revised rule book incorporating issues that have popped up during gameplay might be in order at some point in the future. In my mind there is nothing wrong with a longer rulebook if it contains a lot of examples--too many folks are bragging about short rulebooks these days. How about aiming for a brilliant rulebook...

A Kursk block game sounds like a great idea, but time invested in tightening the Moscow 41 rule set will only benefit the Kursk game.

Now I have to prepare to justify another Kickstarter purchase...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kev.
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
Read & Watch at www.bigboardgaming.com
Yep. The rules review could use a wider English speaking audience.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
G Geisler

Santa Fe
New Mexico
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
To his credit the rules were posted on BGG before the Kickstarter ended and feedback was accepted, but new issues are always gonna pop up after the game is released.

I really like the game and hope it develops a big following.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kev.
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
Read & Watch at www.bigboardgaming.com
of course. But reading the rules and using them with the system are two different things.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
O. C.
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jack24 wrote:

4. Yes the 48th is set up at your discretion on the map and is not drawn from the pool randomly.. The Scenario Set up rule on p.19 goes for all scenarios in the game. So 48th goes where you want it.

I'm not sure about this... Including 48th Panzer Corp, the game has 12 german white blocks, and Typhoon setup says (p.21):
"nine White Blocks - randomly drawn - are deployed"
"Reinforcement Pool: three randomly drawn White Blocks"

So, I think 48th Panzer Corp could start on the map, or it could start in the Reinforcement Pool. It's random.
I think that Special Rule (p.20) means that German 4th Panzer Group Blocks plus the 48th Panzer Corp don't start in off map Boxes... But I agree, this part of setup is confusing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Gallo
United States
O'Fallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Am I the only one who sets it ned the hex that controls its entry in the game as a reminder?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rory Colling
United States
VICTOR
NY
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
IF:
As Tom specifically states in part 4. of his original query...
4) In Typhoon, 48 Pz corps is stated as on the map but no location is mentioned. Is it drawn from the pool like other white blocks?

THEN:
2. OPERATION TYPHOON
The rule book CLEARLY states that the 48th Panzer Corps sets up ON THE MAP!
Page 20 Special Rules!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
O. C.
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Kaxte wrote:
Jack24 wrote:

4. Yes the 48th is set up at your discretion on the map and is not drawn from the pool randomly.. The Scenario Set up rule on p.19 goes for all scenarios in the game. So 48th goes where you want it.

I'm not sure about this... Including 48th Panzer Corp, the game has 12 german white blocks, and Typhoon setup says (p.21):
"nine White Blocks - randomly drawn - are deployed"
"Reinforcement Pool: three randomly drawn White Blocks"

So, I think 48th Panzer Corp could start on the map, or it could start in the Reinforcement Pool. It's random.
I think that Special Rule (p.20) means that German 4th Panzer Group Blocks plus the 48th Panzer Corp don't start in off map Boxes... But I agree, this part of setup is confusing.

Emanuele, please could you clarify where does 48th Panzer Corp start the game in Operation Typhoon?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emanuele Santandrea
Italy
Milano
MI
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
I love it when a plan comes together!
mbmbmbmbmb
Sure thing Oscar.

The 48th Panzer Corps may be deployed or start in the Reinforcement Pool. It is random.

Does it help?

emanuele
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.