$30.00
Germany
Bielefeld
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi there,

I couldn't find any ruling about this in the rule book (?): When we played we got stuck in the early game with only high cost cards in the path nobody could afford. We had like 5-6 dead turns till someone got a lucky hand but even afterwards it was a very slow progress. Is there any rule that one card gets auto-replaced in the path when no player buys anything in the turn?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathaniel Yamaguchi
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
There is no such rule.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darin Bolyard
United States
Oak Grove
Missouri
flag msg tools
But God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.
badge
In your world, I have another name. You must learn to know me by it. That was the very reason why you were brought to Narnia, that by knowing me here for a little, you may know me better there.
mbmbmbmbmb
This↑ and buying Valor cards is the primary way to overcome that situation. It may take a couple rounds to cycle them into your hand, but if that's what everyone is doing, it'll go very quickly. You'll be happy to nab one or more of those high cost cards in the beginning of the game.

Of course, if that situation bothers you that much, it's your game. A house-rule won't break this game. Just keep in mind that if you wipe the path, the main deck is effectively reduced in size. One of the end game conditions is depleting the main deck.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mikko Saari
Finland
flag msg tools
http://www.lautapeliopas.fi/ - the best Finnish board game resource!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Have you ever had main deck end? Maybe with more players, but I've mostly played two players and we hardly ever use half of the deck...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darin Bolyard
United States
Oak Grove
Missouri
flag msg tools
But God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.
badge
In your world, I have another name. You must learn to know me by it. That was the very reason why you were brought to Narnia, that by knowing me here for a little, you may know me better there.
mbmbmbmbmb
It's not uncommon with 5 players. It depends on whether players are trying to build a super deck or just going for the arch enemies as fast as possible.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.