Erik Andersson
Sweden
Rimbo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am late (late late?) pledgeing for Masmorra, at first I wanted to do it to use the heroes in AQ but the more I look at the game the more I like it and I think it will be perfect to play with my son and girlfriend.

So what addons do you recommend?

I was thinking about the Monsters die set just to add more content, and I also like the bags.

I am on the fence with Luke. Could be a good thing to support Watch it played though and if I paint him blonde he will look like my kid But there is enough heroes as is... and he will probably choose the lizard-guy anyway

Promo Dice set - would be good for extra content and "even out the odds". But is every die unique in the base/monster die set? If someone knows the answer to this I would be very happy. Otherwise I could just use 2 die each from base/monster set?

Happy to hear your thoughts.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven
United States
Phoenix
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am baking and I am having the same debate. So far I just have Luke as an extra and nothing else. I wish they sold a single set of extra dice, they don't so I am debating if I should just suck it up and get the big set of dice. As for the Promo Dice, they are stretch rewards and you already have a copy if you back, so getting another set is not really needed. That said, some love the ability for an extra set so they can customize their game a little. I typically only get KS exclusives or things that are not exclusive, but really hard to find (tokens) when it comes to extras.

For me I am thinking about adding:

-Dice: I really want an extra set, but I think this big pack will be the only option offered. Wondering if I could sell my base game dice to offset the cost, even though I think they are fairly priced.

-Monster Expansion: This really depends on retail cost and shipping amount added to my pledge. I know it will be available at retail with free shipping eventually.

-Plastic Tokens: Mainly because I have them for all the other games, although this pack seems a little more expensive than it should be.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Captain Peach
msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
eatem wrote:
I am late (late late?) pledgeing for Masmorra, at first I wanted to do it to use the heroes in AQ but the more I look at the game the more I like it and I think it will be perfect to play with my son and girlfriend.

I was thinking about the Monsters die set just to add more content, and I also like the bags.

I am on the fence with Luke. Could be a good thing to support Watch it played though and if I paint him blonde he will look like my kid But there is enough heroes as is... and he will probably choose the lizard-guy anyway

Promo Dice set - would be good for extra content and "even out the odds". But is every die unique in the base/monster die set? If someone knows the answer to this I would be very happy. Otherwise I could just use 2 die each from base/monster set?

I went pretty much all in on this.
I got the added hero pack because it seemed like a good value added, bosses and heroes.
I got Luke because I love the character, his abilities and watch it played.
I got the premium dice upgrade because I figure I can sell my black set to someone via ebay and I like everyone having their own colored dice.
I got the plastic tokens despite maybe not needing these one.
I got MULTIPLE treasure chests so I could use them for this game AND replace Item tokens in AQ with chests and bag pulling tokens.
I got the monster pack because it seemed like the BEST value to add to the game.
In fact, the one thing I didn't add was the promo dice set. I was already getting some as a stretch goal and figured I would just mix them all together anyways, why pay for more.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not suggesting you do what I did but I got:

monsters dice set
colored action dice pack
plastic token pack
luke the lucky
x2 copies of the base game
x2 promo dice sets

I was tipped off by Billy M - You need 2 copies of the base game and 2 promo dice sets to complete the major and minor dice sets which are exclusive to the KickStarter. You most certainly don't need to do this to enjoy the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Andersson
Sweden
Rimbo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
cjpeach2004 wrote:
eatem wrote:

I got the added hero pack because it seemed like a good value added, bosses and heroes.
I got the premium dice upgrade because I figure I can sell my black set to someone via ebay and I like everyone having their own colored dice.
I got MULTIPLE treasure chests so I could use them for this game AND replace Item tokens in AQ with chests and bag pulling tokens.
I got the monster pack because it seemed like the BEST value to add to the game.
In fact, the one thing I didn't add was the promo dice set. I was already getting some as a stretch goal and figured I would just mix them all together anyways, why pay for more.

How many chest would I need for AQ Inferno?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Captain Peach
msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
eatem wrote:
cjpeach2004 wrote:
eatem wrote:

How many chest would I need for AQ Inferno?

I got 5 sets and the stretch goal amount I think you would need 16 at most for AQ?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick S
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
CharlieX3 wrote:
I'm not suggesting you do what I did but I got:

monsters dice set
colored action dice pack
plastic token pack
luke the lucky
x2 copies of the base game
x2 promo dice sets

I was tipped off by Billy M - You need 2 copies of the base game and 2 promo dice sets to complete the major and minor dice sets which are exclusive to the KickStarter. You most certainly don't need to do this to enjoy the game.

I did this too.
But I also got:
Adventurers set
Arcadia crossover set

Gotta catch them all!whistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will M
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I went for:
- 2 x base game (for doubles of all the KS exclusive dice including the Rigor Mortis ones, which don't come in the promo dice set)
- Monsters Dice set (whole new clan of minor and major monsters for variety, and extra bosses)
- Adventurers set (some fantastic Heroes here from the original Masmorra De Dados, and extra bosses)
- Luke the Lucky (for my eldest daughter)
- Treasure chests (for my mate who wants them for AQ)

I can remember the postage for the Monsters Dice set was only $0.75 and while I could maybe get them and the Adventurers set cheaper at retail at some point in the future, I'm impatient and wanted them asap!

I didn't go for:
- Coloured dice (expensive and I actually quite like passing the dice around, it's sociable! )
- Crossover set (I'll have enough heroes to keep me busy for a while with what I have already, but I'll very likely pick this up at retail)
- Promo dice (could have picked up two sets of these to complete the undead and infernal dice sets but I'd spent enough already)
- Plastic tokens (don't add anything to the game as they only replace things that exist already, but they do look fantastic in plastic! If I find out they're anything like the Splendor chips I'll be regretting not getting these!)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kenny Johnson
United States
Torrance
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I only got what was exclusive plus the cross over kit. I figured I could get other stuff later -- maybe even cheaper.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dheyrdre Machado
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just to be sure the Promo Dice Set is an extra, right?
They already come in the Dungeoneer pledge, or I missed them?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trueflight Silverwing
United States
Waverly
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I only bought the character pack and the 2 or 3 extra sets that had dungeon tiles/bosses in them. I didn't really care too much about the actual dice sets as most of them will likely be available later if you really want to add more.

The only reason to add more dice is if you wanted to create a dungeon that had a theme of monsters and needed more of the same dice to do it. As it stands, with the KS extras, you are getting a ton of dice and more than you will ever use in a single game.

Plastic tokens are meh. They are ok, and I can see why people like the deluxe feel to them, but to be honest, I have never had any problems with the cardboard components in my games. I have some board games that are 30+ years old with cardboard components that are still perfectly fine.

Treasure chests are another nice item for those who want the deluxe version of things, but I honestly wont even be using the ones that came with the KS pledge. I'll likely be selling those off at some point.

Colored dice are another ok item, but not a must have and they will be available later on so no need to rush to get them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dheyrdre wrote:

Yes, they are extra. Unless you just want extras or want to complete the set (like me), you don't need another.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Andersson
Sweden
Rimbo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I added a Monsters Dice Set, Plastic tokens and splitted a colored action dice pack with a friend.

Thanks everyone for the iput.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dheyrdre Machado
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
CharlieX3 wrote:
dheyrdre wrote:

Yes, they are extra. Unless you just want extras or want to complete the set (like me), you don't need another.

Complete the set?

Thanks for the reply

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick S
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dheyrdre wrote:
Complete the set?

The base game and monster dice set both come with:
8 minor monster dice.
4 major monster dice...

Buying an extra base pledge is the only way to get 2 Rigor Mortis Dice.

2 base pledges and 2 exclusive dice packs will give you:
4 rigor Mortis dice
And 8 of all or the rest of the dice.

Some "completionist" backers have determined that A set of minor monster dice is 8, a set of major monster dice is 4.

As CharlieX3 said, this isn't at all, required to play the game.
Because of the "exclusive" nature of the dice, I decided I would rather pay cmon prices now than eBay prices later.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will M
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Slight typo in your response Rick, it should say:
"...a set of major monster dice is 4."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick S
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
argentetbury wrote:
Slight typo in your response Rick, it should say:
"...a set of major monster dice is 4."

Thank you, sir...
I fixed it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dheyrdre Machado
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Billy and Rick.

I was a little worried that I've missed something exclusive.
I got Luke and nothing else.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Nutt
United Kingdom
Linlithgow
West Lothian
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Luke is a must. Exclusive hero with a good ability.

I do recommend the second pledge if you can afford it.

-x2 every hero means you can have a set of heroes and their cards with your AQ boxes, so you dont have to share components between games.

-extra set of player dice and 3 more white pet dice gives you enough dice for 3 players, assuming no pet dice are in play.

-Rigor Mortis dice and other promo dice to add more variety to your games.

-30 extra plastic coins and 5 extra chests.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.