7 Posts

Star Trek: Ascendancy» Forums » General

Subject: Paint The Star Bases? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Byron Jorjorian
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What do you think paint, them with the faction colors or paint them a generic gray? If they are gray, if a star base is taken over by a rival player it won't still reflect the previous owner's faction colors.
Probably look better with faction colors.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tommy Roman
United States
Nashville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
On another thread someone mentioned that GF9 will apparently be releasing colored starbase sets for the factions. If true, this does leave open the question as to how to mark a captured starbase. Tokens? I don't think this problem goes away if all starbases are gray- you would still have to mark it somehow to indicate ownership by a rival faction.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Angelus Seniores
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ownership of a starbase is shown by the ownership of the system it is in ie the control node on the planet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Byron Jorjorian
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks!! I'm going to paint them faction colors.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Oh, are there figures for the starbases? That's great news! I don't have the game yet, and from reading the downloadable rulebook I had gathered that the starbases are represented by tokens. Are the sculpts of the base game's figures faction-specific?

I think that it does make sense to have faction-specific sculpts and colors, even given that the starbases will be changing faction throughout the game. There's a whole Star Trek TV show that's all about a Cardassian starbase that got "culturally hegemonized" by the Federation, after all!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Angelus Seniores
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
the base game comes with tokens, at gencon you could get minis and GF9 plans to release starbase minis as an expansion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Snow
United States
New York City
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
goo See here:

https://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/1623251/resin-star-base...

Place them on top of the cardboard ones, and you're all set!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.