Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Joseph Youst
United States
Emeryville
California
flag msg tools
designer
For anybody interested, here's an ip look at the DDay Iwo Jima map. I think we'll be able to do away with the fire dots on this one due to the scale. Most ranges are only two hexes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gustavo Jornet
Spain
Valencia
Comunidad Valenciana
flag msg tools
The sword is the mind. If the mind is right, the sword is right.
mbmbmbmbmb
thumbsupthumbsupthumbsup

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vernan Stanton
Australia
Brisbane
Queensland
flag msg tools
Trapped In A World I Never Made...
mbmbmbmbmb
So cool!
Does anyone know if they're still planning on reprinting Omaha?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Youst
United States
Emeryville
California
flag msg tools
designer
We did. The 2nd edition is now available from DG.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Fliss
United States
Sterling
Virginia
flag msg tools
Damn fine soldiers, Cottonbalers by God! -- US 7th Infantry Regiment
mbmbmbmbmb
The second printing of Omaha appears to be sold out. I emailed DG and they advised that the third printing will be available sometime in 2017. Only the PC version of Omaha is available from DG at this time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Åkerlund
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
A must-buy obviously but looking forward to Stalingrad even more!.

joeyoust wrote:
I think we'll be able to do away with the fire dots on this one due to the scale. Most ranges are only two hexes.

Interesting. But I assume you will need to illustrate the fire sectors somehow, so will it look something like smaller versions of the water fields of fire in DDaT?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Youst
United States
Emeryville
California
flag msg tools
designer
No. The only sectors will be the four artillery sectors due to the volume of arty fire the japanese were able to cook up during the battle.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Åkerlund
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb

Intriguing.

So all Japanese positions have a fire radius and can fire in all surrounding hexes?

Adjacent hexes = Intensive fire, Others = Steady fire?

Are ranges printed on the Japanese units or are they just listed in the rules/play aids?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Youst
United States
Emeryville
California
flag msg tools
designer
Listed in the rules. Basically, everything has a range of two hexes. If you fire from an upper elevation to a lower one, you increase range by one hex. If you fire on an Airfield, increase range one hex. Max range range, three hexes. You means Marines and Japanese positions. Intensive fire if adjacent, steady fire if two hex ranges, unless fire from a higher elevation or against any airfield, in which case, intensive fire can extend out two hexes. That's it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael J
United States
Folsom
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cool looking map. I was kind of hoping for landing more like Tarawa, where units could be forced all over the place, landing off course or stuck at sea wading to shore, but I suppose that wasn't what happened at this battle. Or I'm just a masochist.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Youst
United States
Emeryville
California
flag msg tools
designer
Michael,

The landing was no big deal at Iwo. Units didn't drift much. The japanese waited until units and material piled up on the beach (the terraces made off beach movement difficult on DDay) and then commenced firing about an hour after the initial landings. There wasn't much of a game at the scale of Tarawa/Peleliu, so the landing scenario is just six GTs at 2 hours per turn. You must cut the Island in two by the end of this scenario.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gregg L

Massachusetts
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Interesting I don't see a turn track. Looking forward to this!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Youst
United States
Emeryville
California
flag msg tools
designer
Turn track will be placed on an 8x10 separate card.

Here's a rough look.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob s
United States
Nashville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow I just got DDay at Tarawa in a trade and am absolutely loving the gameplay. I hopped on to see what else is out there and found Peleliu and now Iwo?!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.