A Touch of Evil: The Coast» Forums » General

Subject: Anyone know if this is coming back? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ron Basler
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
I assume this is out of print given the heavy price gouging I see on Amazon and eBay. Anyone know if/when it will make a come back. I bought the base game just a few weeks ago and love it. The coast expansion looks amazing but has anyone heard if it will come back? Really want to avoid paying nearly $100 USD for this one so I don't miss out on it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Everts
United States
Foothill Ranch
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
"Nobody gets me. I'm the wind, baby!" - Tom Servo
badge
"Push the button, Frank!"
mbmbmbmbmb
Because of the large amount of content for Shadows of Brimstone being made and a new expansion for that coming on KS late this year, I would say it unlikely in the near future.

But you can try contacting them directly and see if they respond.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Edmonds
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Do you need more card ideas for the D&D Adventure System games?
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes it will come back into print, but you'll have to wait a while until Flying Frog's working capital gets freed-up. Unfortunately there's no desirable trade-off if you can't find an online store that carries the Coast expansion; you'll either have to pay more to get it now or wait a bit.

The Coast is significantly harder than the other expansions. The base game plus Something Wicked always felt complete to me, and the hero expansions are a nice edition but also something I wouldn't pay a premium for to get now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron Basler
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
Autoduelist wrote:
Yes it will come back into print, but you'll have to wait a while until Flying Frog's working capital gets freed-up. Unfortunately there's no desirable trade-off if you can't find an online store that carries the Coast expansion; you'll either have to pay more to get it now or wait a bit.

The Coast is significantly harder than the other expansions. The base game plus Something Wicked always felt complete to me, and the hero expansions are a nice edition but also something I wouldn't pay a premium for to get now.

Thanks for the reply. Just in case Something Wicked is finding its way out of print, as many retailers seem to be running low on stock for that too, I went ahead and picked it up along with the first hero expansion. I'm okay for waiting but I'm pretty new to the hobby so I'm not sure how production runs work if it's normal to alternate productions or if they just stop once it's been out for awhile. The Coast is already fetching $100+ USD on eBay and $70 on Amazon. I feel that's a bit steep for an expansion especially when the base game sells significantly less than that.

As long as I know it will come back then I'm good with waiting. I'm hoping I can get the second hero pack next week while that's still cheap too.

Thanks again I appreciate it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant Holzhauer
United States
Chandler
Arizona
flag msg tools
Building the perfect game collection for our growing family
badge
Who knew Euro games could be thematic?
mbmbmbmbmb
You can pick up a used copy here, assuming the bidding doesn't get out of control: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/212956/item/4817234#it...

It's my favorite expansion for the game and wor getting, IMO.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.