Popular Tags: [View All]
Greg
United States
Pleasant Hill
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Was anyone else blown away by the size and amount of things in the white box contents that Isaac revealed in the KS update?

Update Page
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moose Detective
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
Than Sense
badge
Is it a moose that became a detective ? Or a detective who searches for moose?
mbmbmbmb
Phate999 wrote:
Was anyone else blown away by the size and amount of things in the white box contents that Isaac revealed in the KS update?

Update Page

Im trying to decide if its bigger than Cthulhu Wars...I think it is.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian C
United States
Lansing
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sexiest board game box I've seen in a while -- even without a single detail on it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
You may call me
Canada
Burlington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Can anything be bigger than the Fireteam Zero box?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sky Zero
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That box just might break a table or two!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonas Vanschooren
Belgium
Beringen
Limburg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe not the biggest out there, but certainly the heaviest. Damn alot of stuff in that big box.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ArtSchool
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
KD:M-ish?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C&H Schmidt
Germany
Heidelberg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was quite shocked to see the box -- I own nothing remotely like this; most of my game boxes are the standard square variety, no extra depth either.
And don't you think that they will have had to change the art again from the 3d-rendered version they posted here? Unless my perception is really off, this one looks quite a bit deeper and would require a different layout for the sides.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Parkin
United States
Stow
Ohio
flag msg tools
Push Cubes. Blow Stuff Up.
badge
MIND. BLOWN.
mbmbmbmbmb
Cue my avatar.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
fortheloveofdice
Canada
Toronto
ON
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was not expecting that at all. I do not know where I will store it. I guess I could replace the end table?

At least I have a couple of months to make space
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Isaac Childres
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Gswp wrote:
I was quite shocked to see the box -- I own nothing remotely like this; most of my game boxes are the standard square variety, no extra depth either.
And don't you think that they will have had to change the art again from the 3d-rendered version they posted here? Unless my perception is really off, this one looks quite a bit deeper and would require a different layout for the sides.

The 3D render was made with those dimensions in mind. You just don't quite register the scale of it without a reference to compare it to.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A. B. West
United States
Beech Grove
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Why aren't you PLAYING a game?
mbmbmbmbmb
I still can't believe I backed this. Not the type of game I would normally go after. Very pleased that I did!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Parkin
United States
Stow
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
MIND. BLOWN.
mbmbmbmbmb
adamw wrote:
I still can't believe I backed this. Not the type of game I would normally go after. Very pleased that I did!

UPS said it tried to deliver Gloomhaven today, but there was a delay...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gunther Schmidl
Austria
Linz
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Logus Vile wrote:
Can anything be bigger than the Fireteam Zero box?

Ogre?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Grawan
Germany
Lehrte
Niedersachsen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The one thing that scrares me most about the size and weight of the box is that I'll get two of them... blush
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C&H Schmidt
Germany
Heidelberg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cephalofair wrote:
Gswp wrote:

The 3D render was made with those dimensions in mind. You just don't quite register the scale of it without a reference to compare it to.
Oh, great! I really like the most recent 3d-rendering; I think it will look awesome.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Parkin
United States
Stow
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
MIND. BLOWN.
mbmbmbmbmb
rashktah wrote:
The one thing that scrares me most about the size and weight of the box is that I'll get two of them... blush

Ditto!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have Conan and Gloomhaven coming relatively close together --my wife is s going to flip out!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin M
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Squatting Monkey wrote:
I have Conan and Gloomhaven coming relatively close together --my wife is s going to flip out!

I'm anxiously awaiting the arrival of both games, as well! It's going to be an exciting next few months.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dennis Schwarz
Germany
Siegen
NRW
flag msg tools
GLOOOOOOOOOOOOOMHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAVEN!!!!!!!!!!!
badge
maybe on the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one....
mbmbmbmbmb
Squatting Monkey wrote:

Oh - can you make an unboxing video with her nearby? whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pauly Paul
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Huh. I'm in the minority here but that box size made me question whether Gloomhaven is a game that is a good fit for me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Parkin
United States
Stow
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
MIND. BLOWN.
mbmbmbmbmb
venrondua wrote:
Huh. I'm in the minority here but that box size made me question whether Gloomhaven is a game that is a good fit for me.

It may not be a good fit for your shelf! Granted, the box is not huge for no reason, it just has a lot of contents.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D B
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
venrondua wrote:

Wearing it is optional.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom H
Australia
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
venrondua wrote:

I'm the complete opposite: big box (filled with good contents) is a plus rather than a problem. If you need to transport the game then I understand your concerns. But the sheer size and scale of the game was obvious to me during the kickstarter. I'm very keenly anticipating.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pauly Paul
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Terah wrote:
venrondua wrote:

I'm the complete opposite: big box (filled with good contents) is a plus rather than a problem. If you need to transport the game then I understand your concerns. But the sheer size and scale of the game was obvious to me during the kickstarter. I'm very keenly anticipating.

Don't get me wrong I'm not saying, generally speaking, that that amount of content is bad. However that box is enormous and I legitimately don't have a place for it. Even if I cleared one of my shelves (where I keep my games) entirely I don't know if it would fit.

So for me I wonder if I would play the game enough to warrant all that content. Especially if it would mean somewhere between 8-10 games lost in order to own it.

I'm very curious about the game but was expecting something like Level 7 [Omega Protocol] or Scythe as a maximum size.

Edit: For additional clarity when I see a game with that much content I imagine it being played 1-2 times a week. Frequently in situations where it might be the only game played in a night. By gaming groups that adore the shit out of doing that. So I could see how that much content, keeping things fresh for a long time would be appealing.

That's not my situation though. I don't play nearly as much as I'd like and enjoy playing a variety of games. It would literally take me years to see all of that.

Maybe if I lived in a home where I could have a dedicated game room with lots and lots of shelves it wouldn't matter but the white box scares me with its size.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.