Popular Tags: [View All]
B. B.
Germany
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Please take a look at the picture:

Do I get it right that in this example the maximum GP Effectiveness is 5 (to compare it with the GP Defense Factor on an Effective Result with Non-Small Arms vs. A- or P-Type [see 6.5.4.4.2])?

Why is the notation a range of numbers (here: 1 to 5)? Is this range used in this game?

Why it is specified "GP Defense = 1-5"? It is confusing. One could think that this is the GP Defense Factor of the vehicle.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Pelkey
United States
Wallkill
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes that's right, an Effective result equals a Suppression result against A or P type targets with a GDP of 6 or greater.

The 1-5 makes sense to me; it can only get Effective results against GDP 1A through 5A or 1P through 5P.

GP Effectiveness (only against) GP Defense= 1-5

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B. B.
Germany
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Hhmm...

I think then they should had noted something like "vs. GP Defense", so that it is clear that this is something like a target number.

The range (here: 1-5) still does not make really sense to me either.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Day
United States
Ellicott City
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Back in the early days, the GP Effectiveness Factor only listed the highest value. Then players complained that it didn't include the lower values. So, now it's listed as a set of values that are covered, e.g., 1-5.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B. B.
Germany
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thanks for the explanation.

Strange people, back in the early days ...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.