Travis Hill
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm struggling with these things, yet they feel they all intertwine somehow, hence the question thread.

1) When I place dark tiles at the end of my turn (via Alone in the Dark), do I follow the rules for the Cave player? As in, do I still place treasure tokens on available dark tiles?

2) Goblin infestation card says that an ambush occurs when you 'enter an ambush card and whenever an Ambush card is drawn'. How can both of those happen at the same time on the same tile? It must be through placing an event token on the tile, right? I've searched and can't find when event tokens are added, which I'm assuming would lead to revealing them, which would leading to the goblin infestation card being put into play.

NB: just found the event token placing action on the Cave's player board. This still doesn't help in how an ambush tile can be entered and an ambush card drawn.

A pdf rule set that is searchable would be glorious.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Fenton
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
For 2), they can't. You can only get Ambushed when revealing an ambush tile (or when a certain Goblin secret card is played by the Goblin player), or by revealing an Ambush event on an Event tile. Goblin infestation triggers when either of these things happen (not both together).

It needs to be read as
Quote:
'[occurs whenever you] enter an ambush card and [occurs] whenever an Ambush card is drawn',
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Hill
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dsdhornet wrote:
For 2), they can't. You can only get Ambushed when revealing an ambush tile (or when a certain Goblin secret card is played by the Goblin player), or by revealing an Ambush event on an Event tile. Goblin infestation triggers when either of these things happen (not both together).

It needs to be read as
Quote:
'[occurs whenever you] enter an ambush card and [occurs] whenever an Ambush card is drawn',

Awesome thanks. I would assume it was an 'or' instead of an 'and' on the card.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Leder
United States
Saint Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1. Yes.

2. Ambush cards are events.

There is a a thread about the PDF. Id link it but I'm on phone.

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B8xlQYyEm7zMfndSdWZP...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Fenton
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The 'whenever A and whenever B' make it correct. 'whenever A and B' would definitely be wrong. 'whenever A or B' would work too (as you say). As long as they don't say 'whenever A or whenever B', since that makes it sound like a choice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle
United States
Up Nort' Der
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
High Frontier PBF #17 - Failing spaceward!
badge
We must move forward, not backward, upward, not forward, and always twirling, twirling, twirling towards freedom!
mb
travisdhill wrote:
1) When I place dark tiles at the end of my turn (via Alone in the Dark), do I follow the rules for the Cave player? As in, do I still place treasure tokens on available dark tiles?
Treasures only get placed in solo games when treasure tiles are revealed.

Quote:
2) Goblin infestation card says that an ambush occurs when you 'enter an ambush card and whenever an Ambush card is drawn'. How can both of those happen at the same time on the same tile? It must be through placing an event token on the tile, right? I've searched and can't find when event tokens are added, which I'm assuming would lead to revealing them, which would leading to the goblin infestation card being put into play.
The Ambush effect of Goblin Infestation occurs any time you would encounter an ambush if there was a Goblin player in the game.

That can happen in one of three ways:
1) You encounter a dark tile and reveal it to be an Ambush.
2) You encounter a dark tile, reveal it to be an Event, then draw an Ambush event card.
3) You encounter an Event token, then draw an Ambush event card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerry Hsu
United States
Newton
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I interpreted Goblin Infestation to also apply if you enter (move on to) an already revealed ambush tile. Not just the first time you encounter it due to revealing it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerry Hsu
United States
Newton
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just realized that kyle w is one of the creators of the game. My suggestion for second printing would be to change the text from "enter" to "encounter". I think the rule book does a good job of defining encounter as "spend an encounter to reveal a dark tile and resolve the symbol on the lit side."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.