Popular Tags: [View All]
Anders Olin
Finland
Vasa
flag msg tools
badge
Justice for the 96!
mbmbmbmbmb
First of all: this is a great game which I have played half a dozen times already(within the first weeks of owning it).

When a player (i.e. USSR) owns for example both India and Pakistan and his opponent plays the India - Pakistan war card? Does the even occur?

And is it possible to use one of the USSR cards to remove US influence, if USSR controls both of the countries but US has some influence in one of them?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
L. Scott Johnson
United States
Columbia
South Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
victoryzine wrote:
First of all: this is a great game which I have played half a dozen times already(within the first weeks of owning it).

When a player (i.e. USSR) owns for example both India and Pakistan and his opponent plays the India - Pakistan war card? Does the even occur?

Indo-Pakistan is not a USSR event. So the event does not occur when the US palyer plays the card for Ops.

If the US player plays the card for the event, then the event occurs, of course.

Quote:
And is it possible to use one of the USSR cards to remove US influence, if USSR controls both of the countries but US has some influence in one of them?

Yes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Thomas
United Kingdom
London
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If the US player controls North Korea and South Korea and plays Korean War for OPs it still occurs (as noted the Indo-Pak example doesn't work because its a mixed event). Of course there is a -1 modifier (at least) to the die roll because of control of North Korea, but the Korean War still gives the USSSR 2 Mil Ops and would replace US influence with USSR influence if the USSR rolled high enough (and get USSR 2 VPs).

On the second point, you can play a war when there is no enemy influence in the target country. You stil get the Mil Ops and (if you roll high enough) the VPs. You can definitely play the war when there is only a little bit of enemy influence there, even if you control the country. The inlfuence is not merely removed but an equivalent amount is added to your own influence total in that country.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
(Mr.) Kim Beattie
United States
Rocklin
CA
flag msg tools
Embrace your inner geek!
badge
In Flanders fields the poppies blow Between the crosses, row on row, That mark our place; and in the sky The larks, still bravely singing, fly Scarce heard amid the guns below.
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, even if one player controls both countries the war can still occur. Control represents influence, not outright occupation or government control.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.