Recommend
1 
 Thumb up
 Hide
4 Posts

Star Wars: Rebellion» Forums » Rules

Subject: Loyalty & Subjugation; Populous Systems rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Cody Carlson
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So- two questions. I thought I understood these, but a recent game brought up questions that have left me doubting.

1) When the Empire has a subjugation token over a Rebel loyalty token on a system, is that system considered loyal to the Rebels for the purposes of fulfilling objectives?

2) At the beginning of the game, when selecting starting worlds, if the Empire selects non-populous worlds, is that what it starts with, or do you keep drawing until you get populous worlds?

Any help and rules citations would be appreciated. Again, disagreement between friends.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
discriminatingGamer wrote:
So- two questions. I thought I understood these, but a recent game brought up questions that have left me doubting.

1) When the Empire has a subjugation token over a Rebel loyalty token on a system, is that system considered loyal to the Rebels for the purposes of fulfilling objectives?

Yes, it has Rebel Loyalty. Note though, that it is referred to as an Imperial System, not a Rebel System, if that terminology comes up.

The Loyalty, Imperial Systems and Rebel Systems sections of the RRG help make this clear.

Quote:
2) At the beginning of the game, when selecting starting worlds, if the Empire selects non-populous worlds, is that what it starts with, or do you keep drawing until you get populous worlds?

There's no choice for starting worlds. You take the first 5 cards which have the Imperial Symbol on them. All such worlds are populous, I believe. Rebels also take the first 3 cards with the Rebel symbol. The only choice is after this, where the Rebels get to choose any system for their Base.
7 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cody Carlson
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Clipper wrote:
discriminatingGamer wrote:
So- two questions. I thought I understood these, but a recent game brought up questions that have left me doubting.

1) When the Empire has a subjugation token over a Rebel loyalty token on a system, is that system considered loyal to the Rebels for the purposes of fulfilling objectives?

Yes, it has Rebel Loyalty. Note though, that it is referred to as an Imperial System, not a Rebel System, if that terminology comes up.

The Loyalty, Imperial Systems and Rebel Systems sections of the RRG help make this clear.

Quote:
2) At the beginning of the game, when selecting starting worlds, if the Empire selects non-populous worlds, is that what it starts with, or do you keep drawing until you get populous worlds?

There's no choice for starting worlds. You take the first 5 cards which have the Imperial Symbol on them. All such worlds are populous, I believe. Rebels also take the first 3 cards with the Rebel symbol. The only choice is after this, where the Rebels get to choose any system for their Base.


Thank you. That's what I thought.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Witold G
Poland
Bytom
flag msg tools
Avatar
discriminatingGamer wrote:
1) When the Empire has a subjugation token over a Rebel loyalty token on a system, is that system considered loyal to the Rebels for the purposes of fulfilling objectives?

RR p. 13, "Subjugation" section:
"A subjugation marker in a system does not define the
system’s loyalty. Its loyalty is either neutral or Rebel
(if a Rebel loyalty marker is in the system)."


RR p. 08, "Loyalty" section:
"The current loyalty of a system is indicated by
which loyalty marker is in the system."



Additionally, I think the quote below helps to reinforce the idea that subjugation marker is not a subtype of loyalty marker (although, I guess one could argue that it does not specify that Imperial loyalty marker flipped to its reverse side stops being loyalty marker...):

RR p. 13, "Subjugation" section:
"The reverse side of an Imperial loyalty marker is a subjugation
marker."
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.