Dominion» Forums » Variants

Subject: Idea : Monster Themed Dominion rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brandon Ciantar
Malta
flag msg tools
mb
The idea is that I would re do all the expansions, with different pictures and card titles but same effect of card. I would start with the base game, it would be Dominion : Vampires & Lycans.

Then from instead of Intrigue it would be Dragons & Dinosaurs, etc.

Every card still does the same effect but the theme goes from medieval to monsters. What do you think?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Schelter
Canada
Bracebridge
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Neat idea. Sounds like a lot of work.

Good luck!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United Kingdom
Birmingham
England
flag msg tools
Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars, where you will be forced to drift aimlessly farther into the vast, empty abyss of space until a lack of food, water and oxygen causes you to succumb to Death's cold embrace.
mbmbmbmbmb
I think life is far too short. You have Acension if you want monsters. Reskinning all of dominion... hell no.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Ciantar
Malta
flag msg tools
mb
TheRocketSurgeon wrote:
I think life is far too short. You have Acension if you want monsters. Reskinning all of dominion... hell no.

Already done the base set took approximately 4 hours

http://www.filedropper.com/dominionlycansvampires

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alison Mandible
United States
Cambridge
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was skeptical but looking at your version of the first set, I like it. Some thoughts on card names:

- Most of the theming is good, but some doesn't make sense to me, especially Vampire Hunter, Great Battle and Killing Moment. Can I ask about the thinking behind those?

- Why is Vampire Spy the new name for Thief, instead of for Spy?

- You may want to look ahead to other sets so that you can theme cards consistently. For instance, Village ("Blood Frenzy") is going to show up in slightly different versions in many other sets. Maybe just call it "Frenzy" so that all the similar (+2 actions, +1 card) cards can be different types of Frenzy? I guess you could still call them [Whatever] Frenzy even if the card they refer back to is Blood Frenzy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timothy Young
United States
Ogden
UT
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Didn't I read about something called "Zombinion" somewhere? Also, like someone already mentioned, there are few commercially produced games that more or less traffic in this idea. Nightfall and Thunderstone come to mind, after the previously mentioned Ascension.

Edit: Ah- Here we go:
https://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/361553/dominion-retheme...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.