Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael Gardner
United States
Kingston
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Or do I need to unload them in an adjacent space and then move them one or two at a time into the settlement space to raid it?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shem Phillips
New Zealand
Waikanae
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As soon as enough Vikings are on a Settlement, it is automatically raided. So unloading from a Longship works the same way as moving across land.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Gardner
United States
Kingston
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
shem84 wrote:
As soon as enough Vikings are on a Settlement, it is automatically raided. So unloading from a Longship works the same way as moving across land.

Thanks! We didn't play that right, but thought it was a possibility. My girlfriend and I just got our kickstarter in the mail and immediately played the first game. Loved it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shem Phillips
New Zealand
Waikanae
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Michael. That was one thing I overlooked in the rules. There's always something! Enjoy!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Vail
United States
Brownsburg
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
shem84 wrote:

Do I have to move Vikings onto land in order to take over settlement? If I have 3 in a boat and 2 on land does that still count?

Another question.....do I have to use a settlement to go onto land? Can I go onto land anywhere?

Another question....can I load an animal just from the boat? I have one viking in a boat in the water on a tile that has a chicken....can I then load the chicken or does my viking need to get on land then load?

Thanks....love the game!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shem Phillips
New Zealand
Waikanae
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nerkey wrote:
Do I have to move Vikings onto land in order to take over settlement? If I have 3 in a boat and 2 on land does that still count?

From the rules: Vikings onboard Longships or across sea do not count towards the raid

Nerkey wrote:
Another question.....do I have to use a settlement to go onto land? Can I go onto land anywhere?

You can load or unload off any piece of land.

Nerkey wrote:
Another question....can I load an animal just from the boat? I have one viking in a boat in the water on a tile that has a chicken....can I then load the chicken or does my viking need to get on land then load?

From the rules: Livestock cannot load themselves onto a Longship. They must either be moved along with at least 1 Viking, or have at least 1 Viking present on land when being loaded.

Thanks!
Shem
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.