Mansions of Madness: Second Edition» Forums » Rules

Subject: Discarding monster rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Pavol Kušnír
Slovakia
Florida
flag msg tools
I need help. I was instructed by the app to discard Riot, but I thought, that I just need to make enough damage to discard it(and app will know that we didn't kill them if we were instructed to do it), but I was wrong and scenario was at the end (after 30 minutes of nothing). How do I discard monster from app? Thanks for help.

I searched whole section about this (cause I was mad) and I am sorry, if I missed this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T France
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Are you sure it didn't ask you to just remove them from the map? Sometimes they leave and come back, so you just remove the mini from the board and leave them in the app...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niels Taatgen
Netherlands
Groningen
Groningen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok, little bit of spoiler, so..

Spoiler (click to reveal)
The riot moves along a certain route on the street, but if they move to a section of the street is not yet explored (by the players), then you are instructed to remove them. They'll be back though!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pavol Kušnír
Slovakia
Florida
flag msg tools
So, I just need to discard a figure and do nothing in the app, yes? So, my mistake. Ok, thanks guys.

Also, one think about monsters and I don't want to make a new discusion. It's about evade. I can go along monster? Don't need to evade, right? Rulse are saying to make Evade check when 1. move out from monster or 2. doing any other action except move or attack. So, when I am moving to a space with nonster and then continue to another space there is no need to make Evade check. Is that right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Santorrinni wrote:
Also, one think about monsters and I don't want to make a new discusion. It's about evade. I can go along monster? Don't need to evade, right? Rulse are saying to make Evade check when 1. move out from monster or 2. doing any other action except move or attack. So, when I am moving to a space with nonster and then continue to another space there is no need to make Evade check. Is that right?

No. When you move, you do so from space to space. So if you are moving two spaces, you both move into and move out of the space in the middle of the move. This will trigger an Evade check.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pavol Kušnír
Slovakia
Florida
flag msg tools
Then why in the Rules Reference is: "...perform any action other than the attack action or move action, that investigator must resolve an evade check..."?

I agree with your explanation, but I want to understand this sentence in RR. According to this rule it seems like you don't need to make evade check, if you are moving or attacking.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niels Taatgen
Netherlands
Groningen
Groningen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Santorrinni wrote:
Then why in the Rules Reference is: "...perform any action other than the attack action or move action, that investigator must resolve an evade check..."?

I agree with your explanation, but I want to understand this sentence in RR. According to this rule it seems like you don't need to make evade check, if you are moving or attacking.

The full quote is:
"If an investigator in a monster’s space attempts to move out of the monster’s space voluntarily or perform any action other than the attack action or move action, that investigator must resolve an evade check against the monster in his space."

Notice the "or". However, I agree that the wording is strange: how could a move action not result in the investigator moving out of the space?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If the rules did not include that caveat, then you would need to perform two evade checks to leave a space with a monster that you share a space with at the start of your turn. One check when you took the move action, and a second check when you tried to leave the space as part of that move action.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B C Z
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There are ways for an investigator to "move voluntarily" out of a monster's space when it is not their turn, and thus not their "move action".

See: Push

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.