Don Lloyd
United States
Colorado Springs
CO
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
There was an issue with the printing plates for one of the decks of cards in the game. The Utica location card was printed twice and this second Utica card ended up replacing the Temesa location card. I was able to catch the error when I received my prototype copy of the game during manufacturing. I requested that the Temesa card be printed separately and included in each game box.

There were additional card issues that were discovered after manufacturing had completed and the cargo ships had set sail. I scrambled to print a small 6 card pack of replacement cards before the Kickstarter fulfillment began. Because this "replacement pack" of cards was printed locally using a Print On Demand company the colors ended up being slightly lighter from the offset card printing of the originals.

We discussed the situation with the KS backers in various updates. We originally considered creating stickers for the incorrect cards, but finally decided on working with the manufacturer to color match and reprint those 6 cards. Until those reprints arrive the replacement pack can be either used as a reference for the incorrect cards or the cards can be placed in opaque card sleeves.

For reference, I have attached a pic of the front/back of the replacement pack of cards included in each game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Siskin
United States
Playa Del Rey
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for getting this information out there!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kent
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for going the extra mile! I will probably just sticker the affected cards with a color dot and have a reference sheet handy with the correct text, at first. Then either sleeve or just wait for the replacements.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
♬♪♪ ♫ ♩ ♫♫♪ ♩♬♪ ♫
Australia
MURRUMBEENA
Victoria
flag msg tools
All reality is a game. Physics at its most fundamental, the very fabric of our universe, results directly from the interaction of certain fairly simple rules, and chance... (Iain Banks)
mbmbmbmbmb
(Arrived today - that's very quick for Australia, thank you)

The replacement cards are very slightly larger than the original ones, which means they are very noticeable while shuffling. It would be child's play to cut to the replacements. Easily solved with sleeves.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don Lloyd
United States
Colorado Springs
CO
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
icarusmustburn wrote:
Thanks for going the extra mile! I will probably just sticker the affected cards with a color dot and have a reference sheet handy with the correct text, at first. Then either sleeve or just wait for the replacements.

No problem, I want to make sure that I do the right thing. I would rather spend the extra money than sit back and know the game cards are flawed. We are hoping the color matched exact cards will be back from the manufacturer in 6-8 weeks.

Ozludo wrote:

The replacement cards are very slightly larger than the original ones, which means they are very noticeable while shuffling. It would be child's play to cut to the replacements. Easily solved with sleeves.

I was really happy how quickly "The Games Capital" store handled the fulfillment! They were very professional and I will be using them again.

I noticed those cards were slightly different sizes, as well. I think setting them aside for reference or using sleeves is a good temporary solution. I will also be uploading a PDF sheet with those corrected cards soon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Grant
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
More Yellow
badge
Great Wall of China
mbmbmbmbmb
shadowkn wrote:
Ozludo wrote:

I was really happy how quickly "The Games Capital" store handled the fulfillment! They were very professional and I will be using them again.

I noticed those cards were slightly different sizes, as well. I think setting them aside for reference or using sleeves is a good temporary solution. I will also be uploading a PDF sheet with those corrected cards soon.

Mine reached New Zealand today too; thanks for getting them to us quickly at this end of the world.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Phillips
United States
flag msg tools
I just bought the game from your website, will you automatically ship the fixed cards to everybody who bought the game or will we have to call/sign up for them?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Asimakis
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
shadowkn wrote:

You can't go wrong with Games Capital, they're are great to deal with.

PLB.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colm McCarthy
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
...but finally decided on working with the manufacturer to color match and reprint those 6 cards. Until those reprints arrive the replacement pack can be...used as a reference for the incorrect cards or the cards can be placed in opaque card sleeves.

Now that's some laudably fine customer service right there.

Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don Lloyd
United States
Colorado Springs
CO
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Lonestar_ wrote:
I just bought the game from your website, will you automatically ship the fixed cards to everybody who bought the game or will we have to call/sign up for them?

I will automatically ship all final replacement cards to Kickstarter backers, preorders, and regular orders. The games are technically not for sale outside of Knight Works, at this moment, so I have a little bit of control over things.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Phillips
United States
flag msg tools
shadowkn wrote:
I will automatically ship all final replacement cards to Kickstarter backers, preorders, and regular orders. The games are technically not for sale outside of Knight Works, at this moment, so I have a little bit of control over things.

Thanks, i wish more business owners worked like you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Asimakis
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Lonestar_ wrote:
shadowkn wrote:

Thanks, i wish more business owners worked like you.

You mean, shoestring budget, needing sales at the next con to financially break even, headaches, heartaches, wanting to tear one's hair out, that sort of thing.

PLB.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don Lloyd
United States
Colorado Springs
CO
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Lonestar_ wrote:
Thanks, I wish more business owners worked like you.

No problem, I want to make sure that we pay attention to customers and always do the right thing.

Pierre Le Bear wrote:
You mean, shoestring budget, needing sales at the next con to financially break even, headaches, heartaches, wanting to tear one's hair out, that sort of thing.
PLB.

Hehe, but we do have a little bit of this going on, as well. On the positive side, I love the hobby and the game community. It is something that makes me get back on the "horse" every time I get bucked off.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Filip "Rastula" Nowakowski
Poland
Poznań
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
what about retail version..

i have preordered game in local shop

http://www.planszomania.pl/wojenne/9502/Hands-in-the-Sea.htm...

should i be worried? alarm retailer or will you send me replacement cards?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don Lloyd
United States
Colorado Springs
CO
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
raz972 wrote:
what about retail version..

i have preordered game in local shop

http://www.planszomania.pl/wojenne/9502/Hands-in-the-Sea.htm...

should i be worried? alarm retailer or will you send me replacement cards?

I fulfilled a 6 copy bundle order for a shop in Warszawa. They will receive the replacement packs alongside the games, as well. Everything should be okay, but if not please let me know and I will try to help.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Poland
Poznań
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
thank You for quick answer
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy

Los Angeles
California
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Dan,

(also sent you an email)

Just received the game last week!

I had a small baggie inside the box that contained a single "Temesa" card. Was there additional replacement cards that should have been in there?

Thanks,

--Andy

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don Lloyd
United States
Colorado Springs
CO
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
andyvw wrote:
Hi Dan,

(also sent you an email)

Just received the game last week!

I had a small baggie inside the box that contained a single "Temesa" card. Was there additional replacement cards that should have been in there?

Thanks,
--Andy

Hello,

Each Kickstarter backer, or pre-order customer, should have received a grey 4"x6" Collectors Card in a clear plastic sleeve. Inside of that sleeve should have been a pack of replacement cards. Here is a photo of the Collectors Card with the replacement pack in the sleeve.

Thanks,
Don

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Burns
United States
Centennial
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Game received and everything looks great. Looking forward to getting the wooden town pieces soon. Don, you are going above and beyond to get things right and it is appreciated greatly.

One issue, and I am hoping I am the only one: In addition to being slightly larger than the originals, the backs for the replacement cards are significantly lighter in color than the original cards.

It's a bit of a problem as I usually sleeve using clear sleeves, but I dont mind using opaque sleeves instead.

Curious if anyone else had this problem?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Dave
United States
La Jolla
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DerMahler wrote:
Game received and everything looks great. Looking forward to getting the wooden town pieces soon. Don, you are going above and beyond to get things right and it is appreciated greatly.

One issue, and I am hoping I am the only one: In addition to being slightly larger than the originals, the backs for the replacement cards are significantly lighter in color than the original cards.

It's a bit of a problem as I usually sleeve using clear sleeves, but I dont mind using opaque sleeves instead.

Curious if anyone else had this problem?

This is noted and being taken care of. Don has the manufacturer printing color-matched replacements and he will be shipping those out as soon as he gets them.

Like you said, above and beyond.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don Lloyd
United States
Colorado Springs
CO
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks guys! I really appreciate it.

The manufacturer has sent me the sample printing plate and I approved it earlier this week. They also confirmed they will perform a color match and use the same stock for the cards. We just have to sneak into their print schedule then things will be rolling.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Poland
Poznań
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
shadowkn wrote:
Thanks guys! I really appreciate it.

The manufacturer has sent me the sample printing plate and I approved it earlier this week. They also confirmed they will perform a color match and use the same stock for the cards. We just have to sneak into their print schedule then things will be rolling.

received my copy of the game,

I'm overal pleased with quality, especially board is beautifully done

i also received replacement cards (bigger & lighter as mentioned up) - i'm a bit confused now.

Should ı contact You, or inform my retiler (planszomania.pl) to be put in line for replacement cards?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don Lloyd
United States
Colorado Springs
CO
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
raz972 wrote:
received my copy of the game,

I'm overal pleased with quality, especially board is beautifully done

i also received replacement cards (bigger & lighter as mentioned up) - i'm a bit confused now.

Should ı contact You, or inform my retiler (planszomania.pl) to be put in line for replacement cards?

Please contact me to receive those future replacement cards. I will create a new forum post (on BGG) when those arrive in 3-4 weeks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Markus Dee
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmmm, has anyone else not received the replacement cards pack? I got my shipment today (Canada), and there was no package that looks like this picture. I guess it's not a big deal if the proper cards will be arriving in the near future, but I thought it worth mentioning.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luke Heidebrecht
Canada
Saskatoon
Saskatchewan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
markusdee wrote:
Hmmm, has anyone else not received the replacement cards pack? I got my shipment today (Canada), and there was no package that looks like this picture. I guess it's not a big deal if the proper cards will be arriving in the near future, but I thought it worth mentioning.

My game just arrived today (Canada) - also no package that looks like the above picture posted by Don.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.