Rus
United States
Mountain View
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Can I activate a crew member, then ready her (with a special ability), then activate her again in the same turn?

For example, Riker has diplomacy 4. Can I get diplomacy 8 this way during a single interaction?

I do not see anything in the rules to disallow this, but it seems weird that you cannot use a crewmember twice in combat, but you can use them twice in a single interaction. (Ready abilities are belong to the "repair/heal" type which cannot be played during combat, but can be played during an interaction, correct?)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Mason
United Kingdom
Stoke-on-Trent
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Not sure if you could use the ready action mid combat.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rus
United States
Mountain View
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
masonap wrote:
Not sure if you could use the ready action mid combat.
Oh, the rules are clear that you *cannot* use use cards with the "repair/heal" action type during combat (which I think all the ready ability cards are).

My question was specifically about if you could do it outside of combat but still as part of the same turn, e.g. during an interaction.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Miller
United States
Saint Charles
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Well, the wording on page 10 of the "Game Walkthrough" book (top right column) certainly suggests that you can. Though it sounds like you already read this section?

Or is your question, why the limitation for combat?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Van Deusen
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
rbelikov wrote:
For example, Riker has diplomacy 4. Can I get diplomacy 8 this way during a single interaction?

Off the top of my head, I don't know of a specific prohibition against it, but it seems a little odd to be able to do it mid-interaction.

Then again, Riker is one charming dude, so I'll allow it, thematically.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rus
United States
Mountain View
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Frank Overwood wrote:
rbelikov wrote:

Off the top of my head, I don't know of a specific prohibition against it, but it seems a little odd to be able to do it mid-interaction.

Yes! -- this is precisely the reason for my question.

Andrew Parks, care to chime in?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Parks
United States
Somerset
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Quixotic Games: www.quixoticgames.com
badge
Dungeon Alliance Kickstarter - February 2017
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, as long as this is not done during a space battle or away mission.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.