Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Aaron Chasteen
United States
Yorktown
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When you shuffle the adventure card into the event deck, what happens if the card ends up being on top? Seems odd when the obvious different color card is on top.

Are there ways to bypass the adventure card's threat effect at the bottom?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wayne Walker
United States
Chuluota
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have read that some people shuffle each time before taking a card from the event deck. There several ways I can think of to randomize, but I don't bother. If I know an adventure card is coming it doesn't make things much easier if at all. In fact, maybe it better to see the card and have it taunt you.

As far a bypassing the bottom effect, I think that would depend on the card. Maybe someone else can remember better than I.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Byron S
United States
Ventura
California
flag msg tools
I don't remember what I ate last night
badge
but I can spout off obscure rules to all sorts of game like nobody's business!
mbmbmbmbmb
I shuffle under the table so that I can't tell what card ends up on top. I don't shuffle until the end of the turn, so it doesn't really affect our decisions, except to give us a chance to activate character abilities that might possibly be relevant.

There is no way to avoid the bottom half of an Adventure card unless the top part allows you to discard it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marion
msg tools
Enjoy Life !
badge
Just do it!
mbmbmbmb
Guys - it is intentional that you see the card coming up.
As well as reading the whole card when you draft it.
It is intentional so that you know what's coming and can prepare!
Isn't the game hard enough for you ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rom Brown
New Zealand
Gisborne
flag msg tools
Live Fast. Love Hard. Die With Your Mask On.
badge
True-Man's come home! ...and he IS the storm!
mbmbmbmbmb
I find it adds to the storytelling aspect of the game too ... "Through out the day you are aware of dark clouds encroaching upon the island, a terrible storm is surely brewing" ... "Jeffery felt himself going downhill, getting weaker and becoming nauseated as nightfall approached; the viper venom was taking a toll he was not sure he would be able to shortly pay" ;p
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nik Verheyen
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Simple but effective: draw from the bottom of the deck, you'll never know what card you pick

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Florian Gaehtgens
Germany
flag msg tools
Sorry guys for capturing this thread: I am new to the game, my son just bought it for himself. So I am sitting here trying to grasp the rules and here comes my question:

Why would you shuffle an adventure card into the event deck at all? I don't see this anywhere in the rules. Is it something that only happens in certain scenarios?

Thx for any help.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Byron S
United States
Ventura
California
flag msg tools
I don't remember what I ate last night
badge
but I can spout off obscure rules to all sorts of game like nobody's business!
mbmbmbmbmb
flogae wrote:
Sorry guys for capturing this thread: I am new to the game, my son just bought it for himself. So I am sitting here trying to grasp the rules and here comes my question:

Why would you shuffle an adventure card into the event deck at all? I don't see this anywhere in the rules. Is it something that only happens in certain scenarios?

Thx for any help.

Many of the adventure cards have two parts and are meant to be shuffled into the event deck after resolving the top half. Often it's a positive immediate benefit, then it has you shuffle it into the deck. Later, you'll draw it from the event deck and resolve the negative consequences on the lower half of the card. Some are the reverse, but have the same play flow. For example, here's one from the Gather deck:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Florian Gaehtgens
Germany
flag msg tools
Wow! Thanks you just really enlightened me there! Never could figure out how to deal with these cards...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Erb
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
yeah, it's kinda like "hey, remember that choice you made/thing that happened a while back? well it's time to face the consequences!"

that swollen ankle example translates into: "you hurt your leg a week ago, and it's been sore but not bothering you. then one day it's all swollen and hurts like crazy so you take it easy and the swelling goes away."

the best (worst?) is when you have multiple cards of a certain type in the deck and one is on top, which terrible thing is going to happen to us now!?!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.