Landisville
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
Shop at GameSurplus.com
badge
Shop at GameSurplus.com
mbmbmbmbmb
I own all the MoM 1st edition stuff: the base game (obviously), both big box expansions (Call of the Wild and Forbidden Alchemy) and all of the print on demand stories/scenarios. I'm debating what I should keep from all of this. Now that the 2nd edition is out (which I now own also), I'm trying to decide what to keep and what to sell/trade.

I'm thinking I'll hang onto the 1st edition base game for now as with the conversion kit, the investigators,monsters, and tiles can be used with 2nd edition.

When I heard that CotW and FA could be added into the app to provide additional tiles/options, I was originally thinking I'd keep those also as they're long OOP (both are still in shrink). Since reading about the expansions for 2nd edition that are coming out which will include the CotW and FA stuff, I'm wondering if it's a good idea to keep them as I'll want to get the new scenarios for 2nd edition. Will I be able to get/purchase the new 2nd ed. scenarios without buying the full expansion as I already have the tiles.

I also don't know if there's any point to keeping all of the extra scenarios like the Silver Tablet, House of Fears, etc. I doubt that I'll ever play the 1st edition of the game again.

Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Comeau
United States
Mishawaka
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm interested in a response too. I get the impression from FFG that all 1st edition will get re released with expansions. Is that right? Sorry not trying to hijack the thread.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reverend Uncle Bastard
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
kevinruns262 wrote:
I own all the MoM 1st edition stuff: the base game (obviously), both big box expansions (Call of the Wild and Forbidden Alchemy) and all of the print on demand stories/scenarios. I'm debating what I should keep from all of this. Now that the 2nd edition is out (which I now own also), I'm trying to decide what to keep and what to sell/trade.

I'm thinking I'll hang onto the 1st edition base game for now as with the conversion kit, the investigators,monsters, and tiles can be used with 2nd edition.

When I heard that CotW and FA could be added into the app to provide additional tiles/options, I was originally thinking I'd keep those also as they're long OOP (both are still in shrink). Since reading about the expansions for 2nd edition that are coming out which will include the CotW and FA stuff, I'm wondering if it's a good idea to keep them as I'll want to get the new scenarios for 2nd edition. Will I be able to get/purchase the new 2nd ed. scenarios without buying the full expansion as I already have the tiles.

I also don't know if there's any point to keeping all of the extra scenarios like the Silver Tablet, House of Fears, etc. I doubt that I'll ever play the 1st edition of the game again.

The 2nd edition scenarios will be available in the app, for free, for anyone with the expansions or the 1E equivalents! The 1E base game (or the first 2E expansion) is used for the first new scenario. Hang on to CotW and FA (or buy the second 2E expansion) and you will also have access to the 2nd new scenario. The new scenarios will just be downloaded for free into the app, but will only be accessible if you "add" either 1E base/first 2E Expansion or 1E CotW-FA/second 2E expansion into the "my collection" part of the app, since those two scenarios use monsters/map tiles from those respective sets.

FYI, this info is available in the news releases on the FFG website. They have been clear about the fact that the expansions announced so far only contain 1E base set/CotW-FA content (just the tiles, monsters and investigators) and the scenarios will be freely available to anyone with the appropriate 1E content or its equivalent 2E content.

Make sure you hang on to the "conversion" kit in the 2E base game box as this will be necessary to use the 2E expansions or their 1E equivalent in the new scenarios.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Shaud
United States
Landisville
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
Shop at GameSurplus.com
badge
Shop at GameSurplus.com
mbmbmbmbmb
reverendunclebastard wrote:
kevinruns262 wrote:

The 2nd edition scenarios will be available in the app, for free, for anyone with the expansions or the 1E equivalents! The 1E base game (or the first 2E expansion) is used for the first new scenario. Hang on to CotW and FA (or buy the second 2E expansion) and you will also have access to the 2nd new scenario. The new scenarios will just be downloaded for free into the app, but will only be accessible if you "add" either 1E base/first 2E Expansion or 1E CotW-FA/second 2E expansion into the "my collection" part of the app, since those two scenarios use monsters/map tiles from those respective sets.

FYI, this info is available in the news releases on the FFG website. They have been clear about the fact that the expansions announced so far only contain 1E base set/CotW-FA content (just the tiles, monsters and investigators) and the scenarios will be freely available to anyone with the appropriate 1E content or its equivalent 2E content.

Make sure you hang on to the "conversion" kit in the 2E base game box as this will be necessary to use the 2E expansions or their 1E equivalent in the new scenarios.

Thanks so much Rev for this response. It sounds like I can unload all of the extra scenarios for 1st Edition then. I doubt that I would ever get around to playing them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reverend Uncle Bastard
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you look through the "conversion kit" included in the 2E base box, you will see which investigators and monsters are included in the new expansions. Keep those and all the tiles!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T France
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've been wondering if folks would be interested in buying just the 1e stuff that ISN'T included in the upcoming expansions (so I'd keep the tiles, monsters, and investigators.) Still considering if I even want to try amd sell it, though...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Shaud
United States
Landisville
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
Shop at GameSurplus.com
badge
Shop at GameSurplus.com
mbmbmbmbmb
At the prices CotW and FA are selling for, I'm going to try and sell them and then just buy the 2nd edition expansions. Selling either CotW or FA should probably pay for both of the upcoming 2nd edition expansions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Lindberg
Sweden
lund
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Be careful, If you change your mind you will not be able to get back the old items at normal price, playing mom1 is quite a different experience and not possible with New expansions, but yuo can play mom2 with the old stuff so it leaves all options open.

If youre dead sure you wont play mom1 Now is the time to sell Since the New mom2 expansions are not out and People want to play mom2 with cow and fa minis and tiles. When expansions are out those People will not pay these prices.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Bowles
United States
Depauw
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't have to worry about it. My OCD wont let me toss the empty expansion boxes much less sell game components lol.

Seriously though, I think it's a good idea to hang on to everything. Their may come a day when you can't or won't use app anymore.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
remo williams
United States
Vermont
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I have a full 1E set and I'll be keeping all of it. It all fits in just two boxes (which together are about the size of the 2E box oddly) and though I think 2E is great it's also very limited now and 1E offers play possibilities that you just can't have with 2E.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Shaud
United States
Landisville
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
Shop at GameSurplus.com
badge
Shop at GameSurplus.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Already sold FA and CotW. I'm keeping the 1E core game for the extra investigators, monsters and tiles. I only got the game to the table once when it required a keeper player. I know I'll never play without the app.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Licata
United States
Bel Air
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Do those of us who don't have the 1e just the 2nd edition need to hang on to the conversion kit?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rome Knows Nothing
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
danlicata wrote:

Do those of us who don't have the 1e just the 2nd edition need to hang on to the conversion kit?

Yeah, Im curious about this too.

And will the decision to buy or not buy the 2 expansions being released factor into this?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Magic Pink
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
remowilliams wrote:
I have a full 1E set and I'll be keeping all of it. It all fits in just two boxes (which together are about the size of the 2E box oddly) and though I think 2E is great it's also very limited now and 1E offers play possibilities that you just can't have with 2E.

Yeah, 1st Ed is the better game easily, 2nd is just far far easier to set up and get going.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luis Rubschlager
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
Is it possible to get a link to this press release that talks about and spells this out? Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reverend Uncle Bastard
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
danlicata wrote:

Absolutely, the conversion kit is necessary to use the expansions whether you have 1e or 2e.

The expansions only contain minis and tiles. If you don't keep the conversion kit you will not be able to use the expansions.

All of this information is freely available at the fantasy flight website.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rome Knows Nothing
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
danlicata wrote:

Absolutely, the conversion kit is necessary to use the expansions whether you have 1e or 2e.

The expansions only contain minis and tiles. If you don't keep the conversion kit you will not be able to use the expansions.

All of this information is freely available at the fantasy flight website.

Well thanks for answering. It can be hard sometimes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.