Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Steve e^(iπ)+1=0
United States
Marietta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is it possible to transport legions across the water on galleys? We played original this way (although now I'm questioning that). So a legion in Syracuse could go to Carthago if there were galleys in both of those areas.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Puresand
Finland
flag msg tools
I believe this is not possible, because legions cannot cross blue borders.

This is stated in the rulebook under Movere (Maneuver):
"Red borders can only be only be crossed by legions, and blue borders by galleys. Combined borders with both red and blue lines may be crossed by both types of galleys.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrea Bampi
Italy
flag msg tools
"Go suck yer blade!"
mbmbmbmbmb
No. There's absolutely nothing in the rulebook even remotely suggesting this.. this isn't A Game of Thrones: The Board Game (Second Edition)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Schema Man
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You might be thinking of another great Mac Gerdts game, Imperial, which does let you transport armies with ships, but Antike II doesn't.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve e^(iπ)+1=0
United States
Marietta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks all - that's how I read the rules. It seems we were playing the first version of Antike wrong as well then.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrea Bampi
Italy
flag msg tools
"Go suck yer blade!"
mbmbmbmbmb
JesterKnot wrote:
Thanks all - that's how I read the rules. It seems we were playing the first version of Antike wrong as well then.

I think so, since that part of the rulebook is/was identical in Antike

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.