One Deck Dungeon» Forums » Rules

Subject: Which dice are allowed for Perils now? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
Lewisville
TX
flag msg tools
Reading the currently available rules in the Kickstarter campaign comments, it appears you can only roll Agility + Heroic dice for Agility Perils (and Strength + Heroic for Strength Perils, etc.).

When you get deeper into the dungeon, you end up needing 3 dice minimum to offset the dungeon card's Peril penalties. This makes it sometimes impossible or near impossible to achieve what is needed for the Peril card (we often only have 3-5 dice available for a specific attribute). Even the easy dungeon (Dragon's Cave) can be impossible on level 2 or 3 because of this.

Has this changed to be more like Combat Encounters so you can roll all dice (giving you more dice to offset the grey boxes on the dungeon card or convert to Heroic dice)? Or are Perils meant to be this difficult? (Or am I doing this wrong somehow?)

I know the rules are evolving - so thought I'd try to get the current version regarding this.

Thank you for your help!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Cieslik
United States
Arlington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Banana!
mbmbmbmbmb
We're gonna have new rules probably Tuesday. One of the big changes to the most recent set is that not every peril box on the dungeon card is required -- it makes Perils much more doable at the deeper floors of the dungeon.'

Peril Encounters only allow you to roll dice matching the choice you make, but you can get heroic dice from both your Level Card, and from your Heroic Skill (which formerly could only be used on Combats)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Lewisville
TX
flag msg tools
Ah ok cool. Thank you - that makes much more sense.

So are Peril boxes on the dungeon essentially becoming non-cumulative?

I had a related question that came up about Perils. If you have a Skill that lets you spend a Strength die to get something (say 2 Agility dice, for example), you can't use that on an Agility Peril since you aren't allowed to use any Strength dice, correct?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Cieslik
United States
Arlington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Banana!
mbmbmbmbmb
Skills now will have Combat / Peril icons to indicate when they can be used. In general, anything that adds new dice can't be used on a Peril.

The peril boxes on the dungeon are still cumulative, but some will be armor boxes and some will have time / damage in them, instead of all being just mandatory.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.