Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark Waenink
New Zealand
Whangarei
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
When I explained the rules for our last play session, I got the number of knocks for each answer backwards. Now I know what you are thinking, why? What difference would this make? Why even post this variant?

Well, it adds more suspense for the investigators and fun for the ghost. The sometimes drawn out pause between the first knock and a second (if correct) is great. When we were certain that we were right and we weren't even close, the silence of not having a second knock was deafening as we waited expecting a delayed second knock.

I know it seems like such a simple change but it really added to our game play. When I realised my error, we tried the way as written in the rules but we decided to switch back. Two knocks for yes was oddly more fun.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Nicosia
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
SMASH!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
I dig stuff like this. Good show.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert F-C
Australia
Sydney
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah that's how I play as well. It's fun messing with the heads of the mediums.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Elliott
United States
Tempe
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmb
I'll have to try this. When we played, I would pause before knocking at all, leaving the mediums to wonder what was coming, but the drawn out pause in the middle sounds interesting as well. Thanks for the idea!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aurélien Defossez
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Very simple variant, but yeah, more fun than the other way around!

Knock... Wait for it... KNOCK!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Sauter
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
I've been wondering how the "knock" rule plays in the game and if it is fun, effective, worth it. It does seem weird for the ghost to go around and just say "red, you're right....white, you're wrong."

So for those who do play with the "knock" rule, how do you do it in terms of deciding who you're knocking for? Does one of the psychics say they're going and you knock? Do you pick by telling them or pointing to them and knocking? I'd love to just be completely silent the whole game as the ghost.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Janne
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
HeManRubbleRubbleMan wrote:
So for those who do play with the "knock" rule, how do you do it in terms of deciding who you're knocking for? Does one of the psychics say they're going and you knock? Do you pick by telling them or pointing to them and knocking? I'd love to just be completely silent the whole game as the ghost.

Mediums ask/point (or however they want to summon him) at the token and ghost knocks for that. Like in SUSD let's play video.

That video got me interested in this, saw it on youtube (the actual game had gone totally unnoticed before).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Masters
Australia
Perth
Western Australia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We point. Or, if the psychic is in reach and not looking at you, at ghostly touch on the shoulder or back of the head can produce a very satisfying jump!

The only time I speak as the ghost is to make rules clarifications.

Oh, and, if someone has finished ahead of schedule, when I am giving out the vision cards, I attract their attention, and give them a small bow or nod. That way their success is acknowledged, and they feel a bit more in character.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.