Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Don Weed
United States
Clemmons
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I got my copy of The Others: 7 Sins this week and I purchased the art book with it and am glad that I did. It is not only chock full of excellent artwork but it is presented as pictures interwoven into a multitude of background stories about the characters, beasts and conflicts. It's a pity this is not listed as an expansion (admittedly there is no gameplay value there) but it adds so much to the game in describing the in-depth background.

What is your opinion? Should 'art books' such as these be considered a game accessory or expansion? What if it included one or two scenarios as an afterthought?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Conroy
United States
Winchester
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Accessory if it ads no game value Expansion if it does.

I'm thinking in the realm of RPG books. If you can use the information for the game, it's an expansion, IMHO anyway.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle
Canada
Toronto
flag msg tools
Show me something that beats a natural 20 and I'll show you hateful lies.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Accessory.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Wurtsboro
NY
flag msg tools
admin
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Accessories need to be used in game play, but not add new rules or change game play.

BGG Guide to Accessory Submissions

Quote:
Miniature products that do not contain new rules (e.g. additional miniatures or books with background material) are not considered an expansion. These items do not get an accessory entry either.

Quote:
Official scenario bundles that are not periodical issues may receive an expansion entry.

BGG Guide to Game Submissions
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Wurtsboro
NY
flag msg tools
admin
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Moved to BGG Help and How-To.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.