$30.00
$5.00
$15.00
$20.00
Joe Thompson
msg tools
Hi guys,

I've never posted here before but I couldn't find an answer to this on the Internet / in the rule book...

When playing with the Raxxon module it's clear that a survivor would have to attack the Special FiRST ahead of any other zombies but is the survivor allowed to flee the non-colony location instead of engaging the Special in combat?

This seemed to be happening a lot tonight in our game. a player had the mine-launcher weapon from Raxxon and it was causally wiping out everything expect the Specials with the explosive traps so we could just avoid them. We didn't have a single encounter.

Seemed a bit.. Disappointing

I was wondering if we played it wrong? If a special is added to a location with one of your survivors in it do they HAVE to fight it rather than running away and leaving it?

Any help clarifying the rules would be much appreciated

Joe

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Licata
United States
Bel Air
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You only have to fight the zombies on a location if you want. Like any other zombie the Raxxon zombies can be avoided. However if the location ever gets full you will have an overrun if you don't kill on thus rendering the location useless to survivors until they attempt to kill the Raxxon zombie.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Thompson
msg tools
Really? Ok so we played it right and just got lucky with the Mine launcher weapon then? Don't get me wrong we still only scraped through but it just seemed as though there was never a reason to actually fight any of them.

We have house rules around certain things though to make it more intense. Like we have a rule that says that if you find survivor cards you have to play them straight away to increase the burden.

And last night we played that we had to use the pills straight away too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Licata
United States
Bel Air
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
JoeThompson1987 wrote:
Really? Ok so we played it right and just got lucky with the Mine launcher weapon then? Don't get me wrong we still only scraped through but it just seemed as though there was never a reason to actually fight any of them.

We have house rules around certain things though to make it more intense. Like we have a rule that says that if you find survivor cards you have to play them straight away to increase the burden.

And last night we played that we had to use the pills straight away too.

Even though you never 'have' to fight them you may need to. If they get placed in a location that you need to search you will eventually need to fight them. Also if you have multiples out you'll need to kill at least one because the locations will start to get over run and you don't want to keep everyone at the colony.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Davy Ashleydale
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
And don't forget that if you are in the same location as a special zombie, you can't attack the other zombies until you finish off the special ones.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.