Subject: God priority? (Valkyrie vs. Hades) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Guilherme B.
Brazil
Porto Alegre
Rio Grande do Sul
flag msg tools
I am playing as Valkyrie and in my turn I use Aquarius' ability to send any number of cards from my hand to the Netherworld in order to draw twice that many cards. Say I choose a warrior (any) to be sent to the Netherworld. I am playing as Valkyrie, so I may use "Guide" to pay one energy, perform adjudication and, if successful, send the warrior I chose to go to the Netherworld to my discard pile instead.

However, my opponent is playing as Hades and wants to use "Undying", which allows him to pay two energy in order to place the warrior which was sent to the Netherworld in any player's discard pile, including his own.

This situation actually came up while I was playing with a friend. There is only one warrior being sent to the Netherworld and both players want to take it, so someone has to have priority.

We ruled that since it was my turn, I would have priority to pay one life and at least try the adjudication. If I were successful, there would be nothing he could do. If I failed the adjudication, he would still be able to use "Undying" and take my sacrificed warrior.

How would you solve it?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Reasoner
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
You have it exactly right. You have first choice and then if you decline, your opponent can choose.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.