Mare Nostrum: Empires» Forums » General

Subject: Giant Maps Reprint rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brick Forwood
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So after selling giant maps on the kickstarter on the proviso that they were a limited run kickstarter exclusive (as stated on the page), Academy Games are now printing another run of the maps? Is this even legal?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Webb
United States
Edmonds
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dont recall them ever saying they were exclusive to kickstarter. They were a limited run, so if you wanted to be guaranteed to get them you needed to buy them as an add-on.

This does not prevent them from doing another run later.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brick Forwood
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It had a green K on it, which they used to show Kickstarter exclusivity, and said Limited Run underneath.

It's misleading if nothing else.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Webb
United States
Edmonds
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
pp0u20e8 wrote:
It had a green K on it, which they used to show Kickstarter exclusivity, and said Limited Run underneath.

It's misleading if nothing else.

The big green K was not used for exclusivity, unless it had "EXCLUSIVE!" underneath it. There was a version of the K for the Atlas expansion, which is also not exclusive.

There was only like 3 exclusives.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aernout Casier
Netherlands
Nijmegen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Kickstarter exclusives have been sold for years. You can also find them in the BGG store every now and again. The "exclusive" is that you get them with your KS copy, whereas you have to pay for them outside the KS.
As far as the map is concerned: if there is a demand, why would a company not try and meet it?

In the mean time, I just want my game to arrive.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
paul troke
United Kingdom
hove
East Sussex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
After backing this on kickstarter and not
getting the giant map i'm glad the're thinking
of doing a reprint,it will probably cost me more than if i had
backed it on kickstarter,but you should be pleased that other
people are getting an opportunity to buy it.
I dont get this "i've got it and i dont want anyone else to have it"
nonsense.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Inno Van
United States
San Francisco/East Bay
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Why is it important to you that no one else receive the same product? Won't that make it harder to find people to play the game with?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Townshend
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
The only exclusives were the at-war tokens, the peace tokens, and the Odysseus token.

Buildings, large map, and poker chips were limited run (i.e. not in production continuously). The first run of the maps seems to have been popular enough to demand another run, which I assume will also be limited. And if that sells out and there is still enough demand, perhaps there will be another limited run. That, I believe, is how limited run works in this instance and it would probably work for the buildings in that regard too, I assume.

Academy Games can make the maps and buildings, but iirc the chips are Asyncron's, so whether those will show up again is anybody's guess.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich Furst
United States
Deerfield
IL
flag msg tools
Good lord, it's amazing what some people will get worked up about.

I snagged the big-map, the resource-chips, the Buildings package and the Atlas Expansion.

They really upgrade the upgrade (the re-issue from Academy Games has a beautiful map and excellent resource-chits.)

Every Mare Nostrum owner should get them, just make sure you have a big table to play on.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Pessano
United States
Tampa
FL
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Drammattex wrote:
The only exclusives were the at-war tokens, the peace tokens, and the Odysseus token.

Buildings, large map, and poker chips were limited run (i.e. not in production continuously). The first run of the maps seems to have been popular enough to demand another run, which I assume will also be limited. And if that sells out and there is still enough demand, perhaps there will be another limited run. That, I believe, is how limited run works in this instance and it would probably work for the buildings in that regard too, I assume.

Academy Games can make the maps and buildings, but iirc the chips are Asyncron's, so whether those will show up again is anybody's guess.

I am still waiting for at war tokens and peace tokens, has anyone gotten them from the KS?

Thx
jonpfl
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike R
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmb
jonpfl wrote:
I am still waiting for at war tokens and peace tokens, has anyone gotten them from the KS?

They held back the Canadian shipments until the war and peace markers arrived. I got the markers with my Canadian pledge last week.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
paul troke
United Kingdom
hove
East Sussex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Same with the eu shipments
held back delivery until the war/peace markers were available
to deliver with the game
hence that's why we received the the game only last week

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Dewsbery
United Kingdom
Sutton Coldfield
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Some of us didn't. Some of us are still waiting. I don't care what size of map I get; ANYTHING is better than what I have right now.

AFAIK, the only KS exclusive they promised was that I'd be kept waiting longer than all the retail customers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brick Forwood
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I really didn't think so many people would get so annoyed by that! It was just something which mildly irritated me for a few minutes...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark J.
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
Any news on when or even if a reprint of the giant map will happen? Any guesses?

I'm really wishing I had picked up the map when I saw it, The expansion won't even be available until December. It could be a long wait for the map.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
roger massé
msg tools
mb
This Why the french version was not print wet! the english version was real crap!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thaddeus MacTaggart
Netherlands
Almere Buiten
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ignosis wrote:
This Why the french version was not print wet! the english version was real crap!

I have the Giant Map and it's .. well let's say it could be better.

It smells horribly like rubber and ink, it is wrinkled on one side and compared to the "normal" map it's very much blue and red.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin J.

Duesseldorf
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Reprint? Please do not.
But, what about a redesign of the map?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.