Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Christian Villarreal
United States
Van Nuys
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Title is the question I wish to ask. Just curious if getting the Deluxe will still miss out on certain things KS is known for giving backers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trent Hamm
United States
Huxley
Iowa
flag msg tools
See this text? It's a gratuitous waste of GeekGold.
badge
The game itself isn't important. Spending time intellectually jousting with likeminded folks is the real reason to game.
mbmbmbmbmb
fuzzyfoot wrote:
Title is the question I wish to ask. Just curious if getting the Deluxe will still miss out on certain things KS is known for giving backers.

Aside from the Deluxe version not being available at retail? That's what the Kickstarter page itself says: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/sirlin/codex-2/descript...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
S Marstiller
United States
Pasadena
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
trenttsd wrote:
fuzzyfoot wrote:

Aside from the Deluxe version not being available at retail? That's what the Kickstarter page itself says: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/sirlin/codex-2/descript...

It's available here: http://sirlingames.com/product/#/5057098564/codex-deluxe-set

And I think it includes everything.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris McLeod
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Basically, he's selling out of his Kickstarter stock on his site. Eventually, it'll run out and you'll only be able to get the standard editions. Or at least that's the plan.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian K
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Deluxe is deluxe, there is no special kickstarter version of the deluxe
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher
United States
Howell
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmb
Just seems like the deluxe has 2 mousepad boards and a bigger box... am I missing something else? Seems like a lot to pay $200 over $84.50 from OLGS to buy the core game and 2 expansions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Choong
Malaysia
Kuala Lumpur
Wilayah Persekutuan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't really need the playmat as the player board will do but I have a question. Will the expansion also come with the binders?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Christensen
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Brimah wrote:
Just seems like the deluxe has 2 mousepad boards and a bigger box... am I missing something else? Seems like a lot to pay $200 over $84.50 from OLGS to buy the core game and 2 expansions.

The deluxe comes with the starter set cards as well which would bring the OLGS price up to just over $100.

The deluxe set also comes with two mouse pad style game mats and 3 card stock mats. If you get the standard stuff you will have two big card board boards and two smaller card board boards. It comes with 6 binders (one in each of the colors). If you buy the standard stuff you'll have two binders. The deluxe set comes with 10 map cards that are exclusive to the deluxe set. The map cards are more of a nice to have thing because I'm sure the effects of each map card will be posted here so any one will be able to use them (they have cool art though).

There might be stuff that I'm missing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher
United States
Howell
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmb
ClanNatioy wrote:
Brimah wrote:

The deluxe comes with the starter set cards as well which would bring the OLGS price up to just over $100.

The deluxe set also comes with two mouse pad style game mats and 3 card stock mats. If you get the standard stuff you will have two big card board boards and two smaller card board boards. It comes with 6 binders (one in each of the colors). If you buy the standard stuff you'll have two binders. The deluxe set comes with 10 map cards that are exclusive to the deluxe set. The map cards are more of a nice to have thing because I'm sure the effects of each map card will be posted here so any one will be able to use them (they have cool art though).

There might be stuff that I'm missing.

Hmm... I guess I assumed the expansions would come with their respective binders (as asked above as well). Forgot about the starter set but not sure what to do with 2 neutral heroes with each other one having a binder (I think?).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Hauge
United States
Manassas
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Brimah wrote:

Hmm... I guess I assumed the expansions would come with their respective binders (as asked above as well). Forgot about the starter set but not sure what to do with 2 neutral heroes with each other one having a binder (I think?).

Mostly, I think it's that there's so few neutral cards that you don't need a binder for them; each neutral "deck" is really 1/3rd of a Codex apiece.
brighknight_216 wrote:
I don't really need the playmat as the player board will do but I have a question. Will the expansion also come with the binders?

I'm actually also curious about this, and I'm hopeful there'll be a way to get the binders later. What I'm really hoping is that if there's enough demand when the expansions release separately, they'll come with binders (or there'll be a way to get binders).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rafael Duarte
Portugal
Lisboa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe the only exclusive thing are the Map cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Choong
Malaysia
Kuala Lumpur
Wilayah Persekutuan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've got a reply from Sirlin and he replied that the expansion will not have any binders in the box. So we would most likely use the binders that come with the core set or some other binders.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher
United States
Howell
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmb
Wow, with what seems to be an integral part of the game and even the name (Codex refers to the binders...) they expect you to empty and refill it with each expansion? Not very game friendly....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
gonzalo GIlabert
Spain
madrid
madrid
flag msg tools
mbmb
Brimah wrote:
Wow, with what seems to be an integral part of the game and even the name (Codex refers to the binders...) they expect you to empty and refill it with each expansion? Not very game friendly....

oh,come on!
if thats bothering you just buy some cheap generic binders and call it a day...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher
United States
Howell
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmb
thechyper wrote:
Brimah wrote:

oh,come on!
if thats bothering you just buy some cheap generic binders and call it a day...

I just won't buy the game actually. The game name is Codex, and the expansions to Codex don't include any... Codex? How does that make any sense.

Yes, I could buy generic binders, but with dozens of games always being released and the ones I have already, I can miss this one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Schmitzer
Germany
Garching
Bavaria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Bla bla, not available retail ... but if there are tons of deluxe sets available from sirlins website i have to ask me why i backed this and gave him my money in advance / took the risks? Even the price is the same.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Evan Lopez
United States
California
flag msg tools
Britzel wrote:
Bla bla, not available retail ... but when there are tons of deluxe sets available from sirlins website i have to ask me why i backed this and gave him my money in advance / took the risks? Even the price is the same.

Yeah the Codex Deluxe Set is not available in retail stores or distributors and it was never planned to be; it doesn't even have a barcode on the box!

The Codex products that are going to be available in FLGS and non-SirlinGames.com outlets are the Starter Set, Core Set, card sleeves, and upcoming expansion material (all of which are in the Deluxe Set, which adds the extra binders and map cards as a bonus).

To answer your question of "why back the game"; we appreciate all of your guys' pledges in helping make Codex a reality, and helping us reach all of the stretch goals we set out for the Deluxe Set:

So in short, we thank you for helping make the Deluxe Set the best product it could be!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Phillips
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
Leontes44 wrote:
Britzel wrote:
Bla bla, not available retail ... but when there are tons of deluxe sets available from sirlins website i have to ask me why i backed this and gave him my money in advance / took the risks? Even the price is the same.

Yeah the Codex Deluxe Set is not available in retail stores or distributors and it was never planned to be; it doesn't even have a barcode on the box!

The Codex products that are going to be available in FLGS and non-SirlinGames.com outlets are the Starter Set, Core Set, card sleeves, and upcoming expansion material (all of which are in the Deluxe Set, which adds the extra binders and map cards as a bonus).

To answer your question of "why back the game"; we appreciate all of your guys' pledges in helping make Codex a reality, and helping us reach all of the stretch goals we set out for the Deluxe Set:

So in short, we thank you for helping make the Deluxe Set the best product it could be!

People forget that the point of kick-starter is to help a game come to fruition, not a preorder service.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Reid
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Brimah wrote:
Yes, I could buy generic binders, but with dozens of games always being released and the ones I have already, I can miss this one.

At the end of the day, if you want a binder, you're purchasing a binder. Either you're paying for the ones in a deluxe set, which are expensive but fancy, or you buy one on your own, which is cheap and less fancy. Or you don't even bother with a binder (which is hardly necessary once you know the cards).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.