Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nick Johnson
United States
Coon Rapids
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mb
There will be new rules for several of GW's box games in the next White Dwarf, out on Sept 2nd in the US. One of the games will be Deathwatch: Overkill.

https://www.games-workshop.com/en-US/blog/blog.jsp
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim P
United States
Sterling Heights
Michigan
flag msg tools
Glück muss man haben
badge
But what I do have are a very particular set of skills, skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you… And I will beat you.
mbmbmbmbmb
Grodd1016 wrote:
There will be new rules for several of GW's box games in the next White Dwarf, out on Sept 2nd in the US. One of the games will be Deathwatch: Overkill.

And this is why I quit GW so many years ago. Greedy company, this game hasn't been out a year and they no want their customers to buy a new rules set. Deplorable. Other companies provide live rules to freely down load the latest revisions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JD Snider
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jasta6 wrote:
Grodd1016 wrote:

And this is why I quit GW so many years ago. Greedy company, this game hasn't been out a year and they no want their customers to buy a new rules set. Deplorable. Other companies provide live rules to freely down load the latest revisions.

Umm...they released a full game with lots of content and variety and then a bit later in the year are releasing some bonus content in their magazine. Pretty sure its not a complete reboot of the rules. I fail to see how this is evidence of them being a 'greedy company', or how it differs from other companies providing expansion material (well aside from the fact they're doing it in a magazine). FFG spits out expansion material so fast it's hard to keep up. Or am I missing something here?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Johnson
United States
Coon Rapids
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mb
It does say new rules on the cover, but that could just be new characters, like Artemis or the Watch Master
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Outlaw
United Kingdom
Devizes
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
The Wing Warrior - learn more at www.facebook.com/thelegendriders
mbmbmbmbmb
quazai wrote:
jasta6 wrote:
Grodd1016 wrote:

Umm...they released a full game with lots of content and variety and then a bit later in the year are releasing some bonus content in their magazine. Pretty sure its not a complete reboot of the rules. I fail to see how this is evidence of them being a 'greedy company', or how it differs from other companies providing expansion material (well aside from the fact they're doing it in a magazine). FFG spits out expansion material so fast it's hard to keep up. Or am I missing something here?

Yeah. It doesn't mean a new rules set for the game. It means new extra rules. The magazine has 24 pages of content for nine boxed games, including a new White Dwarf character for Silver Tower, and extra content for Death Watch, Space Hulk, etc. This is all good news, not a reason to get bent out of shape.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Major Havok
United States
Niles
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Grodd1016 wrote:

New/additional/alternative rules for quite a few of their games - there is no downside to this!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
János Lacza
Hungary
Ballószög
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
RedMonkeyBoy wrote:
quazai wrote:
jasta6 wrote:
Grodd1016 wrote:

Yeah. It doesn't mean a new rules set for the game. It means new extra rules. The magazine has 24 pages of content for nine boxed games, including a new White Dwarf character for Silver Tower, and extra content for Death Watch, Space Hulk, etc. This is all good news, not a reason to get bent out of shape.

According to the new pictures in the image section, it will be a new mission with Militarium Tempestus profiles.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Outlaw
United Kingdom
Devizes
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
rokarege wrote:
RedMonkeyBoy wrote:
quazai wrote:
jasta6 wrote:
Grodd1016 wrote:

According to the new pictures in the image section, it will be a new mission with Militarium Tempestus profiles.

That's old content from an earlier White Dwarf, not the forthcoming September issue.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Middleton
United States
Laramie
Wyoming
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jasta6 wrote:
Grodd1016 wrote:

If you gave up on them years ago, why would you give a shit what they do now?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Major Havok
United States
Niles
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
RedMonkeyBoy wrote:
rokarege wrote:
RedMonkeyBoy wrote:
quazai wrote:
jasta6 wrote:
Grodd1016 wrote:

That's old content from an earlier White Dwarf, not the forthcoming September issue.

I believe White Dwarf Issue 114: 02nd April 2016

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
János Lacza
Hungary
Ballószög
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
RedMonkeyBoy wrote:
rokarege wrote:
RedMonkeyBoy wrote:
quazai wrote:
jasta6 wrote:
Grodd1016 wrote:

Sorry, the warp messed up my mind.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Outlaw
United Kingdom
Devizes
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, the new content is actually character cards for the doomed Kill Team Excis.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.