1. Can I play the vanilla Pandemic game with this version?
2. Are the expansions compatible with Legacy as well?
3. Can I still play vanilla Pandemic after Legacy is completed? I keep reading about ripping up cards and placing stickers on the board.
4. How does it play solo?
I am hoping the answers are yes to all questions because Amazon has the game for $48. Good deal.
1. Yes... you can play vanilla Pandemic (and the rule book recommends doing so to start if you've never played before.) There are a few minor differences (the board is slightly revised) and set up differs. It doesn't explicitly say this in the rule book, but use a funding level of 5 for the vanilla game.
2. The expansions aren't compatible with Legacy itself and...
3. You could probably play vanilla Pandemic on the board after you finish the campaign BUT you'll have to either ignore modifications you've made or remove some things. I personally think you'd be better off just picking up a regular Pandemic game if you want to do that.
4. Haven't played solo, so I'll leave that for someone else. We're nearly finished with the campaign now (two player) and have both really enjoyed it. I've only purchased three games during the past three years, and I'm very glad that this was one of them.