Popular Tags: [View All]
Wray Ferrell
United States
Cary
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Despite all the silence we have been hard at work behind the scenes proofing counters/map art for the past few weeks. I just uploaded the map to the file section. This will be the final map unless someone finds an error. So after the upload is approved please look over it and see if we missed anything.

Thanks, Wray
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gordon J
United States
Eagan
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Print and Play Gamer
mbmbmbmbmb
Cool! About damn time!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kurt Keckley
United States
Bakersfield
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Fields of Despair - GMT P500.
mbmbmbmbmb
Couldn't find it. Still awaiting approval?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Miguel (working on TENNISmind...)
France
Caen
(from Valencia, Spain)
flag msg tools
designer
My latest game: Big*Bang, a simple abstract about the first minutes of the Universe
badge
My best-rated game: Tetrarchia, about the tetrarchy that saved Rome
mbmbmbmbmb
It's up, and it looks great! Couldn't find any error.

Funny that your game ends exactly when mine (Tetrarchia) starts...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wray Ferrell
United States
Cary
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
patton55 wrote:
Cool! About damn time!

Yeah we had a contract artist work on the map for several weeks and then have to bow out due to work. So that delayed us a bit, but the good news is then Mark Simonitch took over the map. I really like what he came up with it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Spyros Gkiouzepas
Greece
THESSALONIKI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wray wrote:
Despite all the silence we have been hard at work behind the scenes proofing counters/map art for the past few weeks. I just uploaded the map to the file section. This will be the final map unless someone finds an error. So after the upload is approved please look over it and see if we missed anything.

Thanks, Wray

I would like to point out that the region named Macedonia is a bit inclusive. Although the northern part of the region is definitely Macedonia, the western part is Epirus, and on the south there is also Thessaly, Achaia, Attica and Peloponnese included. I do not think that the name Macedonia was ever used as a geographical term to cover such a big area. The closest name that can apply would be Greece since this is the actual name Romans used to refer to the local population.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Johnson
United States
Crystal Lake
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Greeek geek wrote:
I would like to point out that the region named Macedonia is a bit inclusive. Although the northern part of the region is definitely Macedonia, the western part is Epirus, and on the south there is also Thessaly, Achaia, Attica and Peloponnese included. I do not think that the name Macedonia was ever used as a geographical term to cover such a big area. The closest name that can apply would be Greece since this is the actual name Romans used to refer to the local population.

Thanks for the feedback. I will say that most of the provinces in the game are amalgams of actual Roman provinces (to suit the scale of the game), and we took liberties with the regional names. Would "Graecia" be a better name? (As far as I can tell, this is the Latin word for "Greece".)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Spyros Gkiouzepas
Greece
THESSALONIKI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
tempus42 wrote:

Thanks for the feedback. I will say that most of the provinces in the game are amalgams of actual Roman provinces (to suit the scale of the game), and we took liberties with the regional names. Would "Graecia" be a better name? (As far as I can tell, this is the Latin word for "Greece".)

Graecia is the correct Latin term of course.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Miguel (working on TENNISmind...)
France
Caen
(from Valencia, Spain)
flag msg tools
designer
My latest game: Big*Bang, a simple abstract about the first minutes of the Universe
badge
My best-rated game: Tetrarchia, about the tetrarchy that saved Rome
mbmbmbmbmb
tempus42 wrote:
Greeek geek wrote:

"Graecia" was the name I chose in my game for the 'amalgam' of Roman provinces in that region.

EDIT/ In fact I needed the name for an even larger region, so 'my' Graecia covered the Greek provinces and the Thracian ones!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Spyros Gkiouzepas
Greece
THESSALONIKI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

And yet I am mistaken.

Doing some research shows that area shown was provinces Epirus, Macedonia and Achaea. So it is essentially a matter of choice. If you prefer to use province name and include a larger geographical scale Macedonia is the better choice. If you prefer to use a geographical rather than a political distinction Graecia is better.

Just my two cents. Now go on and make the game already! We want to buy it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wray Ferrell
United States
Cary
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Greeek geek wrote:

And yet I am mistaken.

Doing some research shows that area shown was provinces Epirus, Macedonia and Achaea. So it is essentially a matter of choice. If you prefer to use province name and include a larger geographical scale Macedonia is the better choice. If you prefer to use a geographical rather than a political distinction Graecia is better.

We wanted to use province names to be consistent with the other areas, but thanks for looking over the map!

Quote:
Just my two cents. Now go on and make the game already! We want to buy it!

We are trying! Mainly it is a function of how quickly the art can be completed.

Thanks, Wray
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Spaniel
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The map and sample cards look great! I'm excited to force it upon my friends
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.