Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Christian Marcussen
Denmark
Odense C
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi - I think the GeekChat is a bit underexposed. It's a really great idea, and a superb way of getting in contact with fellow gamers. Will all the nice improvements the site is undergoing it could be nice if the chat also got some attention (especially from users). So hopefully others will chime in with their ideas.

Here are mine

1) Expose the chat a bit more- perhaps have a clear link on the front page. My guess is that less than 10% even know the chat exists.

2) It could be nice if you could take a glance at the chat and see who is there. As it is now you have to actually enter the chat. While this is easy enough, its annoying if your looking for someone specific.

Please comment/join in with ideas.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephan Rasmussen
Denmark
Odense C
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
agree 100%!

The number of chatters has gone up over the last 6 months but it is still one of the things in here that could do with some upgrading..

Overall the people who are in the chat are really friendly and so far it has been troll free.. lets hope that continues..

I think most people dont even know the chat exist.. Lets make a BGG geek chat week to raise attantion or something..
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mehmet Fatih Bas
Turkey
Burdur
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
About a few days before, I didn't even know there was a chat section. Why? Because I never saw anything about it on the site.
I agree with Christian that Geekchat must be more exposed. The lobby is really cool and I have met a bunch of nice people there.
The more people join the Geekchat, the more nice people we meet.
Even chatting is not your cup of tea, just stop by and say hello.

Best
Fatih

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mendon Dornbrook
United States
Phoenix
AZ
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm on it! I'm making a geeklist that will introduce people to geekchat and I need some clever ideas to put on the list. PM me with funny/interesting things to say about GeekChat to expose users to the chatroom.
cheers

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.