Hide
13 Posts

Gloomhaven» Forums » General

Subject: possibly dumb idea (White Box) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Matthew Kameron
msg tools
There are some cons of such a big box - no doubt it will be heavy and may fall apart due to its weight.

What about 2 boxes?

GAME BOX - contains the bits you need to play

ADMIN BOX - contains the other things that are generally only needed between sessions rather than during sessions. E.g. currently unused characters, the whole shop, personal goals not in use, envelopes, etc etc.

The advanced is that when you play the game it will be easier to just use the game box... and the admin box only really needs to be managed by the one person in the group who owns the game (probably).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morten Monrad Pedersen
Denmark
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Fizi wrote:
There are some cons of such a big box - no doubt it will be heavy and may fall apart due to its weight.

What about 2 boxes?

GAME BOX - contains the bits you need to play

ADMIN BOX - contains the other things that are generally only needed between sessions rather than during sessions. E.g. currently unused characters, the whole shop, personal goals not in use, envelopes, etc etc.

The advanced is that when you play the game it will be easier to just use the game box... and the admin box only really needs to be managed by the one person in the group who owns the game (probably).

I like the idea, but I'd guess that it isn't financially viable.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Grawan
Germany
Lehrte
Niedersachsen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If the cardboard of the box is stury enough, it'll hold fine, I guess.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Antonio Caciolli
Italy
Padua
flag msg tools
mb
I think it will be fun to see the boxing video for this game
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ArtSchool
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Antonio8080 wrote:
I think it will be fun to see the boxing video for this game

The bigger, the better XD.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg
United States
Lowell
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That would be nice, though I'm sure it would be more expensive to produce. Heck, it may likely be a bit more expensive than originally anticipated.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morten Monrad Pedersen
Denmark
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
rashktah wrote:
If the cardboard of the box is stury enough, it'll hold fine, I guess.

To me it's not so much a question of sturdiness, rather it's a question of ease of organizing the components in their box. I think that wider is better than deeper in relation to organization.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Hladky
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
Currently working on Perdition's Mouth Board game content
badge
Imperial Assault - Imperial Player
mbmbmbmbmb
I love the idea of "(in)boxing" the box. Everyone films unboxing so this cuold be another unique thing. Otherwise it would be 2 games in one - RPG and 3D puzzle.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luke Jacobs
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
The box does look amazing.

For weight, portability and ease of access, I'll likely store the components as the OP suggests.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonas Vanschooren
Belgium
Beringen
Limburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's just a work of beauty.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Stanton
United States
Paoli
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Will it be possible to store the contents back into the box after sleeving the cards?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex P
United States
Rockville
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There's some discussion of this elsewhere on the forum. IIRC, if you sleeve every one of the cards, you won't be able to get them back in the box, but many of the cards will be shuffled never or rarely. You should be able to sleeve the character ability cards and the encounter cards, which are the decks that require regular handling and shuffling.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Stanton
United States
Paoli
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.